I've told people about my new e-bike, right?

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
fred

I've told people about my new e-bike, right?

Post by fred » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Well, I've ordered one a couple of weeks ago, and there's still 3 more weeks to wait for delivery. That was an estimate on their part, because production is down, due t Covid-19 and bike orders are up.

Anyway, it's a cargo bike with enhanced carriers on the back, 26 x 3 inch tires and a powerful motor and a huge battery. They say it's for the people who might want to take the shortcut through the woods to the Farmer's Market.

You can see it at,

<https://www.voltbike.com/voltbike-kodia ... re=default>

and I'm getting the white one, so scroll the photos to the second frame to see it with the right colour. Other photos from different angles. I know it'll be a while before it gets here, but I wish it was here now. It would be so useful in this hot summer weather.

happyheini

Re: I've told people about my new e-bike, right?

Post by happyheini » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:40 pm

Way to go, Fred, literally :D . Safe travels when you get it.

fred

Post by fred » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:06 pm

Thanks, I'm off on my old regular bike today for a little shopping. I'll have to make a list. I'm a little worried about the heat. 28C. is forecast for today, but I need an outing and some exercise.
I don't think there's been any Covid-19 cases in the Wolfville-Kentville area in a month & a half. We're pretty clear of it here. So I'm not worried about that.
Busy, busy, busy.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:35 pm

fred wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:06 pm
Thanks, I'm off on my old regular bike today for a little shopping. I'll have to make a list. I'm a little worried about the heat. 28C. is forecast for today, but I need an outing and some exercise.
I don't think there's been any Covid-19 cases in the Wolfville-Kentville area in a month & a half. We're pretty clear of it here. So I'm not worried about that.
Busy, busy, busy.
Just because there are no diagnosed cases, does not mean the virus is not present, Fred. Be sure to wear your mask when in stores & other places where you cannot be 100% sure of maintaining that "hockey stick" distance. Dr Strang just said so!!

fred

Post by fred » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:49 pm

Spoken like a true Bluenoser. Elizabeth. My goodness , since I moved down here, I've been so amazed, and a little frustrated, at how Nova Scotians follow rules. It's probably why the numbers of infected people are so low here. It's no thanks to McNeil, that's for sure. Nothing like Quebec at all. I'll be fine. Don't worry.

I'd like to take an hour & a half to watch that Kurt Browing "Gotta Skate" you've listed, but today there's too much to do , maybe this evening, if I remember. There comes a time in the evening when I'm not ready to sleep, but too tired to do any useful work. I watch movies usually, but that last "Gotta Skate" is going to take priority tonight, I think.