Lubov Ilyushechkina is now a Canadian citizen

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

Lubov Ilyushechkina is now a Canadian citizen

Post by Elizabeth »

Dylan Moscovitch just posted a photo on his Instagram and on Twitter of his partner receiving her Citizenship :)

Last edited by Elizabeth on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Re: Lubov Ilyushechkina is a Canadian citizen

Post by Elizabeth »

In her Instagram post, Lubov said
Today is my second birth. I'm truly fortunate to be granted Canadian Citizenship and internationally represent the best country in the world, proud to wear the Maple leaf and be a part of this big family!!!!!!!!
In her photo, she is draped by the flag that is on the stand behind her in the photo above :)
Elizabeth

Re: Lubov Ilyushechkina is now a Canadian citizen

Post by Elizabeth »

An IceNetwork article about Lubov & Dylan - it includes information about their programs for this season: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/09/ ... eam-growth
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

This is wonderful news!!

There is also a recently uploaded interview with them from GoldenSkate on Youtube (forgive me....I'm away at the cottage on dialup internet and it won't allow me to load youtube and link you to the video). It's a nice long interview, though sadly they are very clear that this will be their last season competing as amateurs. I had hoped we would be treated to a few more years of them in competition, hopefully capitalizing on the many retirements that are likely to occur after this Olympics.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Here is a link to the 46 minutes interview done by Ted Flett for Golden Skate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOYsLaoFuAY
I haven't had time to list to all of it yet. It was done before the citizenship ceremony.

One factor to consider is that Dylan has had several injuries over the past few seasons plus he just turned 33 years old yesterday. He may see "the writing on the wall" regarding his ability to compete at a high level.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

And Lubov proudly displayed her newly received Canadian passport yesterday Image