Posthumous honour - Brian Pockar

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

Posthumous honour - Brian Pockar

Post by Elizabeth » Thu May 31, 2018 4:02 pm

World bronze medallist and three-time Canadian champion Brian Pockar was inducted posthumously into the Skate Canada Hall of Fame last week at the 2018 Ice Summit in his hometown of Calgary.

kittykins

Re: Posthumous honour - Brian Pockar

Post by kittykins » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:19 pm

That's great! He was a wonderful skater!

1982 Canadians in Brandon, my hometown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUI1lWiLu8I

Did anyone see this live? I was not able to see it, but I saw the Gala. Unfortunately Brian had an injury and was not able to take part. However, he came out onto the ice wearing his shoes and waved to us all. I've always regretted not seeing this live but life got in the way.

fred

Re: Posthumous honour - Brian Pockar

Post by fred » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:20 am

Considering all that went on with him, that was a great skate. I noticed he did finish before his music, and you don't see that often. I think the applause frowned it out a little and he wasn't sure where he was in his program. Certainly deserves a Hall of Fame, though, for all he did!