More coaching changes afoot....

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
fred

Re: More coaching changes afoot....

Post by fred »

The Cricket Club is building a dynasty. I hope I'm around long enough to watch it develop. ;)
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

It's a shame the Cricket isn't a public arena. These would be awesome practice sessions to watch!!
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Kevin wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:05 pm It's a shame the Cricket isn't a public arena. These would be awesome practice sessions to watch!!
I think the privacy is part of the attraction, at least for some of the skaters.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Wow that's really something!! I like the cartoons about Brian and his students.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

A very recent coaching change - Rika Hongo of Japan has moved to BC to be coached by Joanne MacLeod, Megumu Seki & Neil Wilson at 8 Rinks. She is training alongside Kevin Reynolds.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Elizabeth wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 1:28 pm Another announcement came today - this one out of the USA. Beginning this summer the US pairs team (& married couple) Alexa Simeca-Knierem & Chris Knierim will be training in Oberstdorf, Germany, coached by Aljona Savchenko and her coaching team (Alexander König and Jean-Francois Ballester) while spending part of their time in the greater Chicago area.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/story?id ... type=media

According to a tweet directly from Alexa and Chris, Aljona will travel to the US to be with them when they are training in Chicago.
Soooo - the Knierem's have been training in Oberstdorf and returned to the USA to compete at Skate America but without their coach. In the "mixed zone" after the free skate they revealed that they are no longer training with Aljona and will not be returning to Germany. From Lynn Rutherford's report on Twitter:
Scimeca-Knierim are no longer being coached by Aliona Savchenko. They said they learned a great deal from her & appreciated the experience. "We are very strong people so we are ready for whatever is next," said Alexa. They will return to Chicago after SKAM. The next event for Scimeca_Knierim is NHK on Nov. 9. "We have our tickets booked. We'll just figure things out over the next two weeks."
NBC's story on this new situation: https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/10/ ... savchenko/
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

An article by Phil Hersh on Jason Brown - his move to the Cricket, his plans for this season, etc.: https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/10/ ... -olympics/

He'll be competing at Skate Canada this weekend.
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

I wish him luck and think he can make it working with Orser's team. Personally I just love his skating.