PyeongChang 2018 Olympics - FIGURE SKATING (excl. Team, Pairs & Men) - DANCE & LADIES

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

Re: PyeongChang 2018 Olympics - FIGURE SKATING (excl. Team, Pairs & Men) - DANCE & LADIES

Post by Elizabeth »

And it's official

kittykins

Re: PyeongChang 2018 Olympics - FIGURE SKATING (excl. Team, Pairs & Men) - DANCE & LADIES

Post by kittykins »

I'm so proud of Kaetlyn and how wonderful that she pulled this off with her consistency and skill!! Her parents were so cute in the audience. It's so sad about Gabby, but I hope she can remember that her performance was key in helping the Canadians win gold in the team event and it was good her Dad and brother were there to see that. I think most skaters have been in this same situation at one time or other. She's got a bright future! I've heard that Dick Button and others feel Kaetlyn should have won the silver.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

There were a number of people who would have had Kaetlyn in 2nd after the SP -

Here are some tweets from Dick Button at that time:

Osmond - wonderful speed into her combo

Osmond - when I speak of Ballon in jumps she has it !

Osmond - a wonderful sassy program and performance
Dick's overall summary of the ladies SP:
Dick's overall summary:

Thoughts on the evening, some very good and confident skating. I would like to see more stretch, more pointed feet, straighter backs, deeper edging, tighter rotation, better flow in and out of jumps and more performance. Everyone is capable. Looking forward to tomorrow.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I ran across this, this morning. Kaetlyn has a famous fan: :lol:
Donny Osmond Tweet about Kaetlyn.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

In case you haven't seen it, Jackie Wong really liked what he saw from Kaetlyn both in the SP and the FS. Here's what he said about her FS:
Osmond delivers

It was a question the skating world has had for the whole season - can Kaetlyn Osmond figure it out? Can she get out of her own head and skate two strong programs on the biggest stage? She proved it in the short, and she did it again in the free.

She did it with the most mature and choreographically sophisticated free skate of her career. And it was my favorite skate of the day - bold, powerful, and skated full out. Her one error was a step out of her lutz, which likely helped her not overthink the rest of her program.

For a skater who almost quit a few years ago after a broken leg, Osmond came back like a champion - and now a three-time Olympic medalist.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

From broken leg to Olympic medal...

http://nationalpost.com/sports/olympics ... 1519372909
It wasn’t in the plan. Break a leg, win an Olympic medal. That’s preposterous. But Osmond believes she made it here because of a 2014 misstep
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Today's Google Doodle...lol

Thanks for the article about Kaetlyn. I'm glad Gabby has the right attitude now that she's had a chance to sleep on it. In the article it mentions that Kaetlyn was 13th last time. She certainly knows how Gabby feels! How wonderful that Kaetlyn was able to put it all together when it mattered most. Do we know if both girls are going to worlds?
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

All of the medalists in the ladies event indicated at the press conference that they were planning to go to Worlds. I would certainly expect Gabby to go.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Great!! :D

I've heard the remark from newscasters that Virtue & Moir only won because of the French wardrobe malfunction. I hardly think that's quite accurate. I don't think they made the malfunction influence their program. If they'd stopped then they'd have been penalized as we discussed earlier, but I don't think they were penalized at all or that they made any mistakes as a result of that. I don't like it when people say people won only because someone else made a mistake as it's disrespectful to the achievement. It's part of sport. Virtue & Moir definitely arose to the occasion. I suppose because it was SO close people are looking for answers. Honestly the French bore me stiff. It's all that has caused me to not be as interested in that event in the past. Once it got more athletic with the lifts I was much more interested. Although Tanith accused V & M of being acrobats, she and Charlie were also very athletic in their lifts weren't they? When I first started watching skating as a 9 year old, to me all they were doing was locking arms and skating around the edge of the ice along the boards. The girl would twirl every so often. :lol:
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

CTV welcome back...Kaetlyn & Tessa & Scott are interviewed. Wow, I can't imagine being interviewed right after a long flight like that. Kaetlyn reminded me of my niece SO MUCH...sleepy head.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=133 ... sc=0WOwEva
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Tessa and Scott are the cover feature for Hello Canada! Magazine on the stands right now...talking about their Olympic experience. I just picked up a copy today.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Hello+ma ... 0046456865