Elvis Stojko & His Wife Gladys Lead Virden, MB Skating Seminars

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
kittykins

Elvis Stojko & His Wife Gladys Lead Virden, MB Skating Seminars

Post by kittykins »

Virden is about 45 minutes west of Brandon, Manitoba off the TransCanada. I now have a family connection as the fiancé of my nephew grew up there. I went there this year because the town was putting on a production of The Music Man. It's a nice small community and I think it's wonderful that Elvis & Gladys are visiting the more rural areas, although it's a vibrant town. I had to upload the video to my mediafire account:

Video: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/ ... s.MOV/file

https://www.empireadvance.ca/local-news ... rs-8331081

Stojko, Orozco to lead Virden skating seminars
On Feb. 24 and 25, celebrated figure skaters Elvis Stojko and his wife Gladys Orozco will visit Virden's Tundra Oil & Gas Place.
Lindsay White
Feb 20, 2024 3:29 PM

Elvis will soon be in the building.

On Feb. 24 and 25, Elvis Stojko, Canada’s most celebrated men’s figure skater and his wife Gladys Orozco will visit the community for two days of seminars at Tundra Oil & Gas Place.

Skate Virden Coach Patty Hole and President Samantha Greenbank secured and organized the whirlwind visit, arranging for accommodations, flights and other logistics to bring the pair to Virden.

“In the fall, we brought in Kaetlyn Osmond – that was just for our club members,” Hole said. “They were trying to figure out who else they could bring in. This might be the smallest place he (Stojko) has come to. He does Stars on Ice all over the place.”

Hole, with more than four decades of experience coaching the sport, is excited for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to host the three-time world figure skating champion and two-time Olympic silver medallist.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)