"Toller Cranston: Ice, Paint & Passion" by Phillippa Cranston Baran

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

"Toller Cranston: Ice, Paint & Passion" by Phillippa Cranston Baran

Post by Elizabeth »

SkateGuard Blog (Ryan Stevens) has an interview with the author, Toller's sister:

https://www.skateguardblog.com/2024/02/ ... nston.html

The book includes contributions from Ryan as well as Kurt Browning, Brian Orser, Tracy Wilson, Donald Jackson, Sandra Bezic, Debbi Wilkes, Elladj Baldé, Beverley Smith and PJ Kwong.
happyheini

Re: "Toller Cranston: Ice, Paint & Passion" by Phillippa Cranston Baran

Post by happyheini »

I think I need to have this book. I always loved Toller's artistry and will never forget what he said when commenting at a pairs competition: "You do not win a competition wearing green". It still comes to me when I see someone performing in a green costume.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

happyheini wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:32 pm I think I need to have this book. I always loved Toller's artistry and will never forget what he said when commenting at a pairs competition: "You do not win a competition wearing green". It still comes to me when I see someone performing in a green costume.
He also was against wearing white or grey :D

I have ordered the book online from Indigo using my Plum Plus "birthday bonus" :)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Philippa with Barbara & Don Jackson at one of the book release events

PJ Kwong at the same event

And Sandra Bezic
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

A review of the book by Ryan Stevens (SkateGuard blog): https://www.skateguardblog.com/2024/03/ ... paint.html