A note to guests who visit this site... Why not register??

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

A note to guests who visit this site... Why not register??

Post by Elizabeth »

It is obvious from the statistics that show up on posts that there are many folks who visit this site and read the information posted here. It is not meant just for reading but in hopes that discussion/comments/opinions/additional information might also be shared.

Fred, who set up the board, would love to welcome readers as members with posting privileges to engage in discussion. He doesn't welcome spam, however - that's why you have to request membership. His thinly disguised e-mail address is available at the top of the page - why not send him a request to join? Fred will e-mail you back with a password to log in. You may then change your password so that even he doesn't know what it is. As he says though "spammers and bots shouldn't apply" :)

I know that I have met people at skating competitions who say that they read my posts on this board - I would love to have you join and share your comments. It can be a lonely place here for me at times :D
Last edited by Elizabeth on Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyheini

Re: A note to guests who visit this site...

Post by happyheini »

Well said, Elizabeth. Have we said "thank you" lately for your tireless devotion to this board and figure skating in general? All of us here learn so much from your postings and it would be great if more discussions would make it even more interesting.
kittykins

Re: A note to guests who visit this site...

Post by kittykins »

I totally agree and have also felt that way for a long time. I hope we will get new members and people will join the discussion. Wouldn't they be in a pickle if Fred made the board only visible to members...not possible I realize, lol.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)