ISU Challenger #4 - Nepela Memorial, Bratislava, SVK - 28-30 Sept.

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

ISU Challenger #4 - Nepela Memorial, Bratislava, SVK - 28-30 Sept.

Post by Elizabeth »

The entries have now been posted: https://results.isu.org/events/fsevent00117408.htm

There are no pairs at this event.

Men:

Women:

Ice Dance:
Last edited by Elizabeth on Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Re: ISU Challenger #4 - Nepela Memorial, Bratislava, SVK - 28-30 Sept.

Post by Elizabeth »

Skate Canada press release on the skaters going to Nebelhorn Trophy and Nepela Memorial: https://skatecanada.ca/2023/09/sixteen- ... er-events/
Sixteen Canadian Athletes to Compete at September Challenger Events
September 18, 2023/by Skate Canada

OTTAWA, ON (September 18, 2023) – Sixteen Canadian athletes across four disciplines are set to compete at the ISU Challenger Series events taking place over the next two weeks. A team of ten skaters will be representing Canada at the Nebelhorn Trophy from September 20-23, 2023 in Oberstdorf, Germany, while six additional skaters will be taking part in the Ondrej Nepela Memorial from September 28-30, 2023 in Bratislava, Slovakia.

The delegation travelling to Germany includes 2022 Skate America bronze medalists, Kelly Ann Laurin and Loucas Éthier, as well as Lia Pereira and Trennt Michaud, who most recently finished with a solid 6th place at the 2023 ISU World Figure Skating Championships.

Canadian Champion Madeline Schizas will be headlining the women’s event at the Ondrej Nepela Memorial, while Conrad Orzel, 2023 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships silver medalist, will be looking to shine in the men’s event. The ice dance competition will be fierce with 2023 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships bronze medalists Marjorie Lajoie and Zachary Lagha presenting their new programs for the first time. They will be competing alongside Nadiia Bashynska and Peter Beaumont, who placed third at the 2023 ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships.

The Challenger Series is an International Figure Skating Series designed to give skaters adequate opportunities to compete at the international senior level and to earn precious World Standing Points.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The time conversion for the events with EDT 2nd from the bottom:

The Entries/Start Orders/Results: https://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/uploads ... /index.htm

There is a paid stream: https://solidsport.com/nepela-memorial/calendar
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The start orders for the first events

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

A view of the rink in Bratislava
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The top 5 women after the SP:

The details of the SP results

Maddie with her coach in the Kiss 'n Cry
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The results of the Rhythm Dance

Marjorie Lajoie / Zachery Lagha 🇨🇦

Nadiia Bashynska / Peter Beaumont 🇨🇦
Last edited by Elizabeth on Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Results about the Men SP
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Results of the Women FS

Overall results

A bronze medal for Maddie
Image Image

Last edited by Elizabeth on Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The Free Dance results

The overall results

A Challenger Series debut for Nadiia Bashynska / Peter Beaumont 🇨🇦
Last edited by Elizabeth on Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The Men FS results:

The overall results

The 4th & 5th place finishers in this senior event have both qualified to the Junior Grand Prix Final.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Skate Canada's press release after this event: https://skatecanada.ca/2023/10/madeline ... -memorial/
Madeline Schizas Brings Home Bronze from Nepela Memorial
October 1, 2023/by Skate Canada

Bratislava, Slovakia (October 1, 2023) – Madeline Schizas of Oakville, Ont., the reigning Canadian Champion in women’s figure skating, captured a bronze medal at the Nepela Memorial ISU Challenger Cup Series event that wrapped up Saturday in Bratislava, Slovakia.

“I’m really happy with my skates here this week. Not perfect, but a big step-up from where we started last season, so I’m overall pretty happy with that, and I’m happy to have won my first early-season Challenger Cup medal,” said Schizas who finished this competition with a total score of 188.88.

Chaeyon Kim of Korea dominated the women’s competition, winning gold with a total score of 202.26, while her teammate Haein Lee took silver with a score of 191.10.

Conrad Orzel of Oakville, Ont., finished 9th overall in the men’s competition with a total score of 213.52. Gabriele Frangipani of Italy won gold (243.91), while Nika Egadze of Georgia took silver (243.31), and Mark Gorodnitsky of Israel took bronze (236.30).

In ice dance, Marjorie Lajoie of Boucherville, Que., and Zachary Lagha of Saint-Hubert, Que., finished fifth with a total score of 179.18, while Nadiia Bashynska and Peter Beaumont of Ajax, Ont., competing in their first senior Challenger event, finished seventh with a total score of 164.81.

“The overall experience was I think more than I expected from my first Challenger event. It was way more satisfying than I thought it was going to be which makes me really happy that we did so well,” said Bashynska who together with Beaumont were bronze medallists at the 2023 ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships. “We’re learning, and this was the first year of many years ahead of us, and I think we can both agree that this is the first step towards a long process.”

The ISU Challenger Series moves to Finland next week for the Finlandia Trophy which takes place from October 4-8, 2023 in Espoo and which will feature eight Canadian skaters.