ISU Challenger #3 - Nebelhorn Trophy, Oberstdorf, GER - 20-23 Sept. 2023

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

ISU Challenger #3 - Nebelhorn Trophy, Oberstdorf, GER - 20-23 Sept. 2023

Post by Elizabeth »

Elizabeth

Re: ISU Challenger #3 - Nebelhorn Trophy, Oberstdorf, GER - 20-23 Sept. 2023

Post by Elizabeth »

Skate Canada press release on the skaters going to Nebelhorn and Bratislava: https://skatecanada.ca/2023/09/sixteen- ... er-events/
Sixteen Canadian Athletes to Compete at September Challenger Events
September 18, 2023/by Skate Canada

OTTAWA, ON (September 18, 2023) – Sixteen Canadian athletes across four disciplines are set to compete at the ISU Challenger Series events taking place over the next two weeks. A team of ten skaters will be representing Canada at the Nebelhorn Trophy from September 20-23, 2023 in Oberstdorf, Germany, while six additional skaters will be taking part in the Ondrej Nepela Memorial from September 28-30, 2023 in Bratislava, Slovakia.

The delegation travelling to Germany includes 2022 Skate America bronze medalists, Kelly Ann Laurin and Loucas Éthier, as well as Lia Pereira and Trennt Michaud, who most recently finished with a solid 6th place at the 2023 ISU World Figure Skating Championships.

Canadian Champion Madeline Schizas will be headlining the women’s event at the Ondrej Nepela Memorial, while Conrad Orzel, 2023 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships silver medalist, will be looking to shine in the men’s event. The ice dance competition will be fierce with 2023 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships bronze medalists Marjorie Lajoie and Zachary Lagha presenting their new programs for the first time. They will be competing alongside Nadiia Bashynska and Peter Beaumont, who placed third at the 2023 ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships.

The Challenger Series is an International Figure Skating Series designed to give skaters adequate opportunities to compete at the international senior level and to earn precious World Standing Points.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The Entries/Start Orders/Results link: http://www.deu-event.de/results/Nebelho ... /index.htm

I believe that Oberstdorf is 6 hours ahead of EDT.

The entries, by discipline:
Image Image

Image Image

Although Kam & O'Shea are listed in the Pairs event, they are shown as having withdrawn on the USFS page.

The draws for start orders have not yet been done.

Unlike in previous years, there will be no free stream - to view the paid stream (All Access €19.99 / Pay per view €7.99): https://sportdeutschland.tv/deutsche-ei ... 2023-day-1
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Time conversion chart for this event - EDT is the 2nd from the bottom:
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Results after the Men SP

The top 3 men

Image Image
Last edited by Elizabeth on Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Results after the Women SP

The top 3 women

Image Image
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The 3rd and final event of Day 1 - the Pairs SP.

The results:

The top 3 after the SP

Image Image

The top CDN team sits in 4th spot - here they are in the Kiss 'n Cry with their coach
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The results of the Men FS:

The overall results for the Men:

The Men medalists

Image Image

Last edited by Elizabeth on Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The results of the Rhythm Dance:
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The results of the Pairs FS:

The overall results:

It was VERY close to a medal for Lia & Trent.

The Pairs medalists
Last edited by Elizabeth on Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Some of the Canadian skaters in Oberstdorf on Day 2

Image Image

Image Image

Missing - Sara-Maude Dupuis
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Women FS results

Overall results
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The final event in Oberstdorf was the Pairs FS - the results:

The overall results
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Skate Canada's press release on the results in Oberstdorf: https://skatecanada.ca/2023/09/pair-ska ... phy-event/
As summarized on X (formerly Twitter):
Canadian skaters lay the foundation for a 💪 2023/24 season with 5 top ten finishes at the 2023 Nebelhorn Trophy in Germany.
Pair Skaters Pereira & Michaud Narrowly Miss Podium at Nebelhorn Trophy Event
September 23, 2023/by Skate Canada

Oberstdorf, Germany (September 23, 2023) – Canadian pair skaters Lia Pereira, 18, of Milton, Ont., and Trennt Michaud, 26, of Trenton, Ont., narrowly missed the podium at the Nebelhorn Trophy ISU Challenge Series event which wrapped up Saturday in Oberstdorf, Germany, finishing fourth with a total score of 188.94 – just 0.07 points behind the bronze-medal winning team from Germany.

“We were really excited to be here, and we were really looking forward to putting out both of our new programs,” said Pereira who together with Michaud were bronze medallists at the 2023 Canadian National Championships. “We’ve put a lot of work into the skating side of things, and we think we really accomplished that this week. The whole experience was really enjoyable and we’re happy with both of our programs and the outcome.”

Minerva Fabienne Hase and Nikita Volodin of Germany won gold with a total score of 194.96, while Lucrezia Beccari and Matteo Guarise of Italy took silver with a total score of 191.71. Annika Hocke and Robert Kunkel took the bronze with a total score of 189.01.

Kelly Ann Laurin, 17, of St-Jérôme, Que., and Loucas Éthier, 23, of Deux-Montagnes, Que., the 2022 Skate America bronze medallists, finished a strong sixth overall in the pair event with a total score of 175.73.

In the men’s event, Aleksa Rakic, 19, of Burnaby, B.C., who was skating in his first senior challenger event, fell on his quad toe jump in his short program, but skated a clean free skate to finish fifth overall with a total score of 209.88.

“With the short program – I’m very happy with how I bounced back after a pretty hard fall on the quad toe. It wasn’t necessarily what I was expecting and what I was training, so I’m happy I was able to show that in the long program. Overall, this has just been a great experience, and it’s been amazing to see some of the top skaters in the world and how they skate and perform and that will help push me and help me know what I need to do in training,” said Rakic following the competition.

Adam Siao Him Fa of France won gold with a total score of 279.57, while Kazuki Tomono of Japan captured silver with a total score of 265.78, and Koshiro Shimada, also of Japan, took home bronze with a total score of 247.73.

Sara-Maude Dupuis, 18, of Montreal, Que., finished 9th overall in the women’s event with a total score of 145.36. American skater Isabeau Levito won gold with a total score of 198.79, Kimmy Repond of Switzerland took silver with a total score of 191.94, and Minchae Kim of Korea took bronze with a total score of 184.03.

“For the short program, I’m pretty happy I controlled myself. Obviously, I’m a bit disappointed that I wasn’t able to show the new combination I’ve been working on – the triple lutz, triple toe, but all in all I was happy I got a pretty good score. For my free skate, I’m pretty disappointed and frustrated. I know I can do much better so I’m definitely going to go back home and work out what wrong here and correct this in time for Skate Canada,” said Dupuis who was the bronze medallist at the 2023 Skate Canada Challenge event earlier this year.

The Canadian ice dance teams of Alicia Fabbri, 20, of Terrebonne, Que., and Paul Ayer, 25, of Brossard, Que., and Molly Lanaghan, 24, of Doncaster, GB, and Dmitre Razgulajevs, 26, of Ajax, Ont., finished 9th and 10th with total scores of 167.14 and 157.81 respectively.

The British team of Lilah Fear and Lewis Gibson won gold with a total score of 207.84, while Allison Reed and Saulius Ambrulevicius of Lithuania captured silver with a total score of 190.55. Juulia Turkkila and Matthias Versluis of Finland took bronze with a total score of 183.63.

The ISU Challenger Series moves to Slovakia next week for the Ondrej Nepela Memorial event which takes place from September 28-30 in Bratislava and which will feature six Canadian skaters.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The Fritz Geiger Trophy is a team event component of the Nebelhorn Trophy competition. Team Canada was awarded silver :D