The transition from competing to retirement - Eric Radford

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

The transition from competing to retirement - Eric Radford

Post by Elizabeth »

An extensive interview with Eric has been posted on the ISU website as part of their off season communications this year: https://isu.org/figure-skating/news/new ... teParam=15

A small extract:
With coaching, writing music and performing in shows, Eric is still very much involved in the sport he loves. In addition to that, he wants to give back also at another level and became an athlete representative in the ISU Athletes Commission. He wanted to learn how the ISU works and is interested in aspects such as sustainability, good governance and in promoting skating in general as a sport.

“I think that being the athlete rep and also being the chair of the athletes’ commission, is a huge opportunity to use my experience and expertise in skating to definitely give a voice to the athletes when a decision is being made in regards directly to the athletes, but also to give our perspective on other aspects of our sport and especially when it maybe comes to different ideas of how to increase the popularity of the sport,” he pointed out.

He believes that the athletes can have a big impact.

“I think anytime that I have spoken to the ISU council, I've always felt very heard. I feel like they really pay attention to what I and what the athletes have to say, and they take it into account in their decision making.”