Slightly belated Best of the season to all.

I will post board issues here, and announce when I am going to prune old messages, or try another update. (It'll be a long time before I try that again). But if you're having problems with the board, I certainly do, or if you have a request about a feature, then this is the place for that.
fred

Slightly belated Best of the season to all.

Post by fred »

Hi People,
I hope everyone is doing well as we see the old year out. I made butter tarts yesterday and shared half with my neighbours. Hmmph! Even though my firefox browser is supposed to be using a Canadian dictionary for spelling, it still flags "neighbour" as wrong.
Anyway, all is good here in N.S. My power went off Friday night, I think, but it was back on by 7:00 AM the next morning. If the road conditions will allow I'm going out shopping later today. Looking for a few groceries and great deals where I can find them.
Oh! Sunshine! Just streaming through the living room window. I don't think it'll last long, but it's nice to see,
kittykins

Re: Slightly belated Best of the season to all.

Post by kittykins »

Same to you Fred. I spent time with family yesterday and we had a good time. We will have another celebration later this week when all the nieces and nephews from out of town can make it.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

fred wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:21 am Hi People,
I hope everyone is doing well as we see the old year out. I made butter tarts yesterday and shared half with my neighbours. Hmmph! Even though my firefox browser is supposed to be using a Canadian dictionary for spelling, it still flags "neighbour" as wrong.
Anyway, all is good here in N.S. My power went off Friday night, I think, but it was back on by 7:00 AM the next morning. If the road conditions will allow I'm going out shopping later today. Looking for a few groceries and great deals where I can find them.
Oh! Sunshine! Just streaming through the living room window. I don't think it'll last long, but it's nice to see,
I managed to get through our several days of almost blizzard-like conditions without losing my power, thankfully. I "hibernated" at home from late Wednesday evening until early yesterday morning when I was able to get to the Christmas service at my church. In the late afternoon I joined my friend's family for Christmas dinner and brought home some leftovers to enjoy later today :)

We are still getting occasional light snow but thankfully not the wild winds.

Take care and stay well everyone!
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Thanks and same to you Elizabeth! We've had some snow here which made it harder for my Dad with his mobility issues. It wasn't too bad overall though and calmed down right away which helped us, as well as family members with a snow blower! It's sad there have been so many tragedies over the holiday throughout Canada and the US. Yesterday we watched the movie "The Nativity Story" and I hope we will watch some others such as the colourized versions of A Christmas Carol with Alistar Sim, and Miracle on 34th Street. My father saw the former (ACC) in the theatre as a boy in Calgary!! We prefer the colourized versions although different from the original presentations in B & W.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

I went out on Boxing day looking for bargains, but I thought the stores would open at noon. Wrong! No store was open that I could find. I had some good exercise though. I thought I would go out today, but I wasn't really feeling up to it. It might have been something I ate. I have a doctor's apptmt. tomorrow and it's just when snow is forecast. I may break down & hire a taxi.
I like it that there is a good restaurant in the same building as my doctor. I can go early and have a good meal, and be sure of being on time for my apptmt.

Winter is not as much fun as it used to be. :|
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Happy New Year everyone! :)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

kittykins wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:31 pm Happy New Year everyone! :)
Is it 2023 or 2020 III?

Whichever, I hope that we are headed to healthier, happier, and more peaceful times.

Last edited by Elizabeth on Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Elizabeth wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:09 pm
kittykins wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:31 pm Happy New Year everyone! :)
Is it 2023 or 2020 III?

Whichever, I hope that we are headed to healthier, happier, and more peaceful times.
I hope so too Elizabeth!! It's going to be a weird start for me with having to shop for a refrigerator and catching up on all my appointments, lol. I will of course enjoy the skating on live streaming. I am wishing I could go to an event but that will have to wait until 2024 I'm afraid.

happy-new-year-2023-card-winter-landscape-in-city-with-people-celebrating-on-chritsmas-eve-winter-wonderland-in-the-town-with-happy-kids-playing-ice-skating-in-the-city-park-vector.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fred

Post by fred »

Yes, best wishes to all. The temperature is not too awful here in N.S., but I feel that it's cold. I'll have to get extra sweaters and crank the heat up a bit. At least the days are getting longer now. ;)
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

It's been pretty warm here in NWO since I've returned. We got some snow overnight, but not much. It's sure a switch from the harshness of the Prairies. AND the roads are better here...probably because ON uses salt. It's harder on the asphalt, but it is quite a bit safer overall.