We lost the Board for half a day,

I will post board issues here, and announce when I am going to prune old messages, or try another update. (It'll be a long time before I try that again). But if you're having problems with the board, I certainly do, or if you have a request about a feature, then this is the place for that.
Unclefred
Site Admin

We lost the Board for half a day,

Post by Unclefred »

We're back up and running now, but it was a scare and I was worried that we'd have to loose all existing messages.

A wonderful guy at Websavers, (our web site hosting company), poked around in the installation of the Board and upgraded 3 sub systems, while I was trying to upgrade the the PHP version. He was the one who really fixed the Board.

He also backed up the whole web site, I think, and said I won't have to do it. I will make a Board backup soon, very soon, just for my own sense of security, if nothing else. I should get around to trimming old messages also, say, messages before Jan.1,2023. I think there are a lot of them.

I've not been following the board very much and let the maintenance get behind, so when the web site hosts upgraded the php versions, the Board's version became obsolete. Apparently it'll be a long time before that happens again. We should be golden for quite a while.
Elizabeth

Re: We lost the Board for half a day,

Post by Elizabeth »

It was indeed a scare to go to the Board last evening and find nothing but white! :shock:

I sent Fred an e-mail early this morning when I realized that the situation remained the same. He wasn't aware of the problem but got "on it" right away with the web hosting company.

I'm very grateful that things have been resolved.