Special Stars on Ice Holiday Tour - December 2023

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

Special Stars on Ice Holiday Tour - December 2023

Post by Elizabeth »

This holiday season, experience the magic of figure skating with Olympic Medalist ELVIS STOJKO and a cast of international champions including World Medalists KAITLYN WEAVER & ANDREW POJE, Canadian Champion KEEGAN MESSING, World Champions ALEXA KNIERIM & BRANDON FRAZIER, World Medalist SATOKO MIYAHARA, Canadian Pair Champions KIRSTEN MOORE-TOWERS & MICHAEL MARINARO, social media sensation ELLADJ BALDÉ and more!
2023 HOLIDAY TOUR SCHEDULE
  • Dec. 2 • Sydney, NS • Centre 200
  • Dec. 3 • Truro, NS • Rath Eastlink Community Centre
  • Dec. 8 • Peterborough, ON • Memorial Centre
  • Dec. 10 • Owen Sound, ON • Bayshore Community Centre
  • Dec. 12 • Grand Prairie, AB • Bonnetts Energy Centre
  • Dec. 14 • Kelowna, BC • Prospera Place
  • Dec. 16 • Duluth, MN • The DECC/AMSOIL Arena
  • Dec. 17 • Brandon, MB • Westoba Place at Keystone Centre
  • Dec. 19 • Lethbridge, AB • ENMAX Centre
  • Dec. 22 • Kitchener, ON • The Aud
Tickets on Sale October 5!
Elizabeth

Re: Special Stars on Ice Holiday Tour - December 2023

Post by Elizabeth »

A milestone for Kaitlyn Weaver - it has been announced that this holiday Tour, for the first time, will be directed & choreographed by Kaitlyn.

It is being hosted by Elvis.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I'm planning to attend with my sister and brother-in-law for one of the shows. I'm looking forward to it!
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

kittykins wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:49 am I'm planning to attend with my sister and brother-in-law for one of the shows. I'm looking forward to it!
Enjoy!!
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Photo from the Dress Rehearsal
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

My sister and I had a marvelous time at the show. My highlight was Keegan, who always was aware of us, who were sitting on the end at ice level, and I got two large smiles from him. The seats weren't the best, but hey they were free because of my brother-in-law's workplace. I was a bit disappointed in the Elvis numbers and it seemed he was off the ice for a VERY long time in the middle...well, it seemed.

IMG_9605[18124].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Here's the "family photo" that was posted from Brandon

I was in an on-ice seat once but it was on the side and I was constantly blocked by people leaning forward to see something - it wasn't worth the extra $$. I prefer a seat on the end of the ice, up a couple of rows, and looking toward the Zamboni entrance. I like to see everything "coming at me" and without having to get "tennis neck".
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Thanks for posting the photo! That's too bad about your seat Elizabeth. I hope it works out better next time. As I said our seats weren't ideal either.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Oh don't worry - after that one occasion, many, many years ago, I've never had a bad seat at SOI again :D
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Elizabeth wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:54 pm Oh don't worry - after that one occasion, many, many years ago, I've never had a bad seat at SOI again :D
ohhh...not this time, good! :)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

kittykins wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:22 pm
Elizabeth wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:54 pm Oh don't worry - after that one occasion, many, many years ago, I've never had a bad seat at SOI again :D
ohhh...not this time, good! :)
The Holiday show didn't come to Ottawa but I have my usual seats for the April main tour. I am the "designated ticket buyer" for our group of four each year. They have faith in me getting seats in our preferred area as soon as ticket sales open :)