Away too long.

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
fred

Away too long.

Post by fred »

I got back here after some absence and found many postings unread. I got to some of them. This past 7 days I've ordered a new egg poacher, and an industrial strength hack saw. New Brake pads for my bike, and today I picked up a ten cup food processor, and a new stud sensor, to help me hang some photos/paintings.
Last time I went for an expensive model with lots of features and modes of operation. It did a little the first day, and after that, it would go berserk if I even switched it on. I think it was broken(?) Either I lost it or it got packed away by my very efficient cleaning woman, and I don't know where. The one I bought today has hardly any bells & whistles, and only 2 modes of operation and a clear switch to select the mode right on the front of it. I tested it on a wall tonight and it gets full marks.
Elizabeth

Re: Away too long.

Post by Elizabeth »

fred wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:26 pm I got back here after some absence and found many postings unread. I got to some of them. This past 7 days I've ordered a new egg poacher, and an industrial strength hack saw. New Brake pads for my bike, and today I picked up a ten cup food processor, and a new stud sensor, to help me hang some photos/paintings.
Last time I went for an expensive model with lots of features and modes of operation. It did a little the first day, and after that, it would go berserk if I even switched it on. I think it was broken(?) Either I lost it or it got packed away by my very efficient cleaning woman, and I don't know where. The one I bought today has hardly any bells & whistles, and only 2 modes of operation and a clear switch to select the mode right on the front of it. I tested it on a wall tonight and it gets full marks.
It's good to see you back, Fred. It sounds like you are keeping busy :)
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

:) Great Fred!
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

Yes. I'm keeping busy. It seems like I'm busy, but not so much gets accomplished by what seems like activity to me. I hope everybody has a good summer. I've had the heat turned off completely for several months here, and the electricity bills are much higher than last summer. They are already selling pumpkins and Halloween can't be that far off, next thing after that and I'll be rounding up the reindeer again. ;)
I had an injury on my left leg and it's taken quite some time to heal, but it's under control now. The VON do a wonderful job.I feel better than I have felt in a few years. I hope everyone is as good.Oh, and I found the old Stud Finder, now that I have the new one. :o
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I'm very glad you hear you are doing better Fred!
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)