Prince Philip

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
kittykins

Prince Philip

Post by kittykins »

I know we are not all royal family enthusiasts on here, but did others watch the funeral of Prince Philip? I was sad to see the Queen sitting alone. I'm sorry he could not live about 8 weeks more to live to be 100, but the Chinese count the gestation period and he has been on this earth for that long anyway! Those 1921-2021 numbers are pretty impressive. He certainly lived a difficult and complicated life, especially when he was younger. I'm sure his interesting personality is in many ways related to that. I have been interested to read that his mother was deaf and was a lipreader in more than one language. She had serious mental illness issues and later became a nun after she recovered. I thought the PBS special about his life was the best and I'd like to re-watch it. I am sorry that the Queen is without her prince whom she fell in love with at 14!

skynews-prince-philip-the-queen_5344694.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kittykins on Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Re: Prince Philip

Post by fred »

I bought cake and had a private little party in celebration. :D :D :lol: