The World Series

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
kittykins

The World Series

Post by kittykins »

Is anyone else watching the WS between the Houston Astros and the LA Dodgers? It's been one wild series and game 6 two nights ago was something else with that walk off single to win the game in the bottom of the 10th inning. It's almost like the last team to bat will win. They are very equally matched. Their hitting is strong but their pitching looks weak...or is it just that the hitters are so strong?! Who knows, but it's exciting. I am rooting for the Astros as they have never won a World Series before.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
kittykins

Re: The World Series

Post by kittykins »

I was very glad to see Houston win, whoohoo! I do think they were the slightly better team and also had better managing. The Dodger manager was a bit too quick to change his pitchers.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

Possibly a sign he was afraid of the hitters.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

fred wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:09 am Possibly a sign he was afraid of the hitters.
Honestly I think it was more that he didn't trust his pitchers to work themselves out of a jam with the hitters. The Houston manager left the pitchers in long enough to solve their own problems unless it was impossible. For that reason they had more to work with in terms of the pitching and having faith in your own players cannot be under rated. Taking them out immediately as soon as they make one mistake leads to nervous players. Baseball experts were also discussing this trend as being a bit extreme. However the manager recently lost his father, so perhaps he was not up to his best either.
fred

Post by fred »

I see. I hope you're enjoying it.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

fred wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:41 am I see. I hope you're enjoying it.
The Astros won a couple of weeks ago. Yes, I did enjoy watching it with my Dad. I believe the best team won, which unfortunately does not always happen.