I'm OK, but...

I will post board issues here, and announce when I am going to prune old messages, or try another update. (It'll be a long time before I try that again). But if you're having problems with the board, I certainly do, or if you have a request about a feature, then this is the place for that.
Elizabeth

Re: I'm OK, but...

Post by Elizabeth »

Sound like things are progressing well, Fred. Good luck with the move, etc.

I think that I read somewhere that you will be able to watch Battle of the Blades on a live stream this time. If I find out more, I'll post it in the appropriate thread :)
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Hmm, would that cut out the commercials?
fred

Post by fred »

I saw no commercials during the original. I use a pretty good ad blocker, but Twitter is sending me ads for now. I may get of twitter after the election is over if they don't stop.

Everything is going well with the move. I sign the lease and get my keys tomorrow night. I'll be moving some boxes into the new place at that time. I bought a new cat carrier, and I've picked out the litterbox I want, as one does. :lol: :roll:

My good friend, David, said he can probably get a truck, I'm trusting & hopeful in that. :)

I have a few people who say they will help if their schedule allows. I'm working on that too. It's hard to get people to help, when you can't tell them what day is it, Sat. or Sun. on a long weekend. The new house may include me, a few boxes, a new air mattress, and a cat named Clawdius. :lol: :lol: :lol:
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I'm glad things are going better for you Fred. I'm no real fan of WW's, but lately I've heard from people that they do encourage high protein and low carbs. They are changing all the time.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

Reporting on my latest trip to the hospital. Yup. an intestinal blockage, resulting in another midnight ambulance ride. The doctor was terrific & jovial. All the nurses & techs were speculating on what it might be. This fellow asked me a few questions, tapped my stomach a few times and said Intestinal blockage. He proscribed a treatment, including pumping my stomach to relieve the pressure. It all worked and the pain was gone.
Then the new doctor arrived in the morning, saw blood in the contents of me stomach and wanted to operate on me for a bleeding ulcer. The nurses assured him it was bleeding from my nose that was running down the tube into my stomach. My blood was too thin to clot properly, because I'd bee sick for weeks and couldn't get to the hospital for the test. Then they did a cat scan to check the intestines and see that it wouldn't happen again. There was a thickness in one side of my gall bladder and this doctor now ordered an ultrasound. They found some gall stones and then he wanted to operate on me for that saying that it was what had caused my pain in the first place. This guy was really hot to cut me up one way or another.
I reasoned that I had been diagnosed, treated, and cured before this fellow showed up. If I have the stones, then I suspect they've been there a long time without causing any problems, and I wasn't about to go stirring things up at this time. I'll consider them a rock collection and probably die of something else before they become a problem.
Once again I'm recovering nicely. My family doctor has called me a "tough old bird." :D
Blood thickness is under control and my lungs are still a little wheezy from another encounter with Black mould, (this time from stuff that had been stored in an unheated area. I brought it into my new apt., and everything was fine until I turned on the heat for winter and the apt. dried out. This caused the mould in my furniture to send out spores and the formed a colony in my lungs. I was coughing for about 5 weeks. Fixed the issue by inhaling fumes of Tea Tree Oil, and using an ozone generator that a good friend sent to me from BC.
It's just one thing after another and I wonder why I can't seem to put together 2 weeks without some major health issue going on. Anyway, my immune system has to be in great shape, or I wouldn't be writing to you today.
I often think of my time in Ottawa and skating on Minto ice. Wonderful people I met there and I miss them. Those were great times.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Please take care, Fred!!
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

The doctor is right, Fred, you are a tough old bird and I liked your sense of humour in describing this latest episode. Do take care and try to stay healthy for Christmas holidays and the New Year beyond.
fred

Post by fred »

Sorry. I've got a new episode to the ongoing story. First thing to say is that I am OK and unharmed, but after about 60 years of riding bicycle, most of that in Quebec, I finally got side swiped by a car today as I came home from shopping. The guy hit my left saddle bag and my leg, while his mirror hit my left arm. I was immediately so surprised that I had no injuries and I felt fine. I'm beginning to feel like superman.

The car was moving at a good pace about 30 or 40 Kph. When I got home later and opened the saddle bag, I had blueberries spilling out all over. :lol: I also lost a box of Spaghetinni, but luckily nothing else. You see the main thing in the bag was 12 rolls of toilet paper and I expect they cushioned the impact with my leg.

So there was good luck mixed in with the bad. Still I got home after a while and opened my email and one of the spam messages was headed with, "Are you worried about Friday the 13th?" The answer is, "No." I do believe in coincidences though. I'll need a new pair of saddle bags, because they have to match, don't they?!! and I'm out some food, but it could have been worse. I was asked 3 times by the RCMP is I needed an ambulance, and I was able to tell them no. I really didn't.

Oh I forgot to tell you all, it was a hit & run. The driver never even tapped his brakes, just gunned his engine and took off down the road. A witness who saw him go further than I did, said he just about rear ended a car near the intersection with the Hwy 101. He gave the description to the RCMP. I don't know if they'll find the driver of the Jeep, but he should be taken off the road. Life is never boring these days. ;) :o :)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

WOW, Fred!!!
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Wow, indeed, some Guardian Angel is looking out for you ,Fred. After all we need you to keep this Board going. :D Take care and stay out of harms way for a while please.
fred

Post by fred »

I know, but I wouldn't want life to get boring either. :o :shock: :? :D
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Wow, I'm glad you are okay Fred!! I'm sorry to hear about both your illness & accident.

Take care!
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

Thanks Kitty, & everyone. I'm feeling quite good now with lots of energy. I'm baking bread this afternoon, and enjoying an excellent cup of Fair Trade, Organic coffee.

I hope the season is being good to you all.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

That's great Fred! :)