Tornado

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
Judy

Tornado

Post by Judy »

Hear there was a tornado in Ottawa today. Everything alright with you Elizabeth?
A devastating few days of them in the USA, fires in Northern Ontario, Alberta and BC and it is only the beginning of June.....
Elizabeth

Re: Tornado

Post by Elizabeth »

Judy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:21 pm Hear there was a tornado in Ottawa today. Everything alright with you Elizabeth?
A devastating few days of them in the USA, fires in Northern Ontario, Alberta and BC and it is only the beginning of June.....
The tornado touched down in my part of the city but, fortunately, was a couple of miles east of me. It was on the low-end of the EF1 scale but did quite a bit of property damage. I wasn't home at the time but arrived home to lots of messages of folks checking on me!

It was a strange, very long winter, and the Spring is following the strangeness model. It is the first week of June and the temperatures are more like April!!
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Oh that is good news, Elizabeth. I was thinking of you too. The weather in your area has been really weird lately and we are having more than 10 wildfire sin Northern Alberta and as you said it is only June, but then the summers are so very short anyway. Take care, all of you.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I'm glad you are okay Elizabeth. It seems Ontario has cooler weather right now, whereas the prairies have been hot.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

Cooler weather persists because the polar vortex has expanded. The arctic is cold, but not as cold as it used to be, hence ice melting. It's an effect of global warming.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I was on my trip back and some guy said to me that a tornado was coming...checked with the girls inside the store and no it was the day before and all they were expecting were severe thunderstorms. They are very nice there and volunteered to write down the numbers of their local radio stations. Within about half an hour the sky was clear as day. I think the fellow really believed it as he was looking scared, but who knows, lol. Well, I'm back now and my Dad is back to normal fortunately. I thought of you on my trip Elizabeth as I know you are brave about the driving.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)