New Partnership

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
happyheini

New Partnership

Post by happyheini »

Elizabeth

Re: New Partnership

Post by Elizabeth »

This has been rumoured for a while but nothing was officially announced until after Lubov finished her contract on "Crystal". I'm looking forward to seeing them together on the ice :D

kittykins

Post by kittykins »

happyheini wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:17 pm Great News!!!!

https://skatecanada.ca/2019/03/lubov-il ... 4gt7kis1Y8
:o !!

Wow, they will be great together I'm sure!! I'm looking forward to it too!
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

My goodness! I kept thinking I needed a longer time to watch Lubov skate, but I never imagined this particular partnership! I hope things work out well for them.

I have to say I'm a bit concerned with their coaching team. I don't see either of these skaters connecting with Julie Marcotte choreography (which is bound to happen), and I hope they keep other outside influences involved for style and line. The Gauthier/Marcotte school is definitely not renowned for artistry.......
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

That's very interesting Kevin. It will be interesting to see what happens.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

A Radio-Canada documentary (mainly in French) about Charlie, his search for a new partner and the early training of the new team: https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/podi ... cumentaire

This is geo-blocked outside Canada, I believe, but there is a YouTube alternative: https://youtu.be/QIiYJTKvLPA

They have a "press day" scheduled for the beginning of next week so there should be lots of news coming out after that.

I'm looking forward to seeing more!
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Photos from Lubov & Charlie's first performance together, apparently at a local show in St-Pascal, QC are on her Instragram & Facebook pages.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvsleLTnmwY/
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Gorgeous cinematography in this piece. I wish I could understand all of what they are saying, but from the footage in there, it does look like this could be a very formidable partnership!
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Some photos from their press day today are below. There are French stories posted online but I know of at least one English interview coming soon.

kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Thanks for all the info. Elizabeth and Kevin. They look great! :mrgreen: It seems that they match each other better in body type as well...look more uniform somehow.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Here's the article/interview in English as promised - it goes with the photos provided above: http://figureskatersonline.com/news/201 ... beginning/
Judy

Post by Judy »

Thanks for the translation Elizabeth. Now I'm excited about this team. A Skate Canada in Kelowna assignment?. Let's hope.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Judy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:18 pm Thanks for the translation Elizabeth. Now I'm excited about this team. A Skate Canada in Kelowna assignment?. Let's hope.
It's not a translation, Judy - this one was actually written in English. There were several written in French.

I wouldn't be surprised that they would be assigned to Kelowna by Skate Canada.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Boy, am I ever relieved to learn who their choreography team will be! ;)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Kevin wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:49 am Boy, am I ever relieved to learn who their choreography team will be! ;)
Somehow I thought you might be :D I think there are a lot of others who feel the same way.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

After withdrawing from the Minto Summer Skate, they made their debut at the Quebec Summer Championships earlier today. Here is their SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_13PxyA ... e=youtu.be
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Hmmm.... I have been away and just got home and watched this. I want to be excited about this team, I really do. I was surprised how sloppy the basic pairs elements were (twist, throw, lift, spin). Both individual skaters have exquisite posture and line. Lubov's triple toe was, I think, the best one I've ever seen her do. What I am missing is the chemistry that was so apparent between she & Dylan, even at this same point in their partnership. I know it's still very early, but when I see how off-balance the simple overhead lift was, I am concerned. It does not seem like a natural fit to me. This one looks like work, and I hope they can find their groove. If they can bring their individual strengths together in the pairs elements, I think they have potential....but my gut says this will take a longer time to gel than even Moore-Towers/Marinaro have.
fred

Post by fred »

I think this shows promise. Their synchronicity, and lines... edges, all look good. Not perfect, but for a newly assembled Pair Team, they look good.