Torvill & Dean - (still) Dancing on Ice 2019

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

Torvill & Dean - (still) Dancing on Ice 2019

Post by Elizabeth »

WOW!! Quite the performance as part of the return of their reality show on British TV.

It's hard to believe it was 35 years ago that I saw them win Worlds here in Ottawa!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW8GVBe ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by Elizabeth on Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happyheini

Re: Torvill & Dean - Dancing on Ice 2019

Post by happyheini »

Wow, is the only word, Elizabeth. Still so smooth, so athletic including all the new lifts and other tricks. They could compete right now.
Elizabeth

Re: Torvill & Dean - (still) Dancing on Ice 2019

Post by Elizabeth »

They are promising "more to come"!
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Here is a link about their performance at the finale with a video that will play on our side of "the pond": https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8 ... n-perform/
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Amazing! They must be in their 60's now, but look much younger. Just looked it up and yes, both born in the late 50's, just a few years older than me.

This is my 50th year of watching figure skating. I can hardly believe it. Where time goes, I don't know.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)