Tessa Barbie as Part of Role Model Series

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
kittykins

Tessa Barbie as Part of Role Model Series

Post by kittykins »

https://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/barbie ... -1.4324967

Cute!! It sure looks like her. I can think of a few little girls and a few others as well who would love one. I somehow inherited a blonde Olympic Barbie, with the box having a picture of Michelle Kwan on it, which comes out with other parts of my collection during the Olympics. :lol:
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Re: Tessa Barbie as Part of Role Model Series

Post by Elizabeth »

The CBC story: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/figu ... -1.5045638

The photo of all the role model Barbies

Scott's response on Twitter:
I know her!!! This is sooooo cool. What a great movement and to be the lone Canadian! Congratulations @tessavirtue, you deserve it!
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Interview...Tessa is so cute!!

Tessa Virtue reflects on Barbie doll inspired by her success
https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.4328925
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Tessa tweeted:
I’m a Barbie girl in a Barbie world
πŸ’ž

kittykins

Post by kittykins »

My grandniece is getting this for Christmas! :) I just picked it up today...figured I'd better get it now while it's available! :mrgreen:

Tessa Doll 25%.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fred

Post by fred »

"I'm a Barbie Girl," is not that nice a song when you pay attention to the lyrics. It doesn't describe a truly liberated female. That's all I'm saying.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

fred wrote: ↑Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:58 pm "I'm a Barbie Girl," is not that nice a song when you pay attention to the lyrics. It doesn't describe a truly liberated female. That's all I'm saying.
Well, no they aren't particularly wonderful looking at the big picture. Actually, my mother wouldn't allow Barbies in the home. She didn't like what they stood for and presenting an image of what a girl should be in terms of weight, nice clothes, etc. We did however have a Skipper doll, Barbie's younger sister, and she was the "mother" for the rest of our dolls. We played with Barbies at friends' houses though. My niece is more laid back and doesn't worry too much about it. My grandniece has the princess dolls/Barbies etc.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

It seems my grand-niece feels the Tessa doll is too nice to play with. She has it on display in her room. She's getting slightly older now (grade 3), and maybe that's why.