CBC documentary on adult skaters - Jan. 18 on CBC

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

CBC documentary on adult skaters - Jan. 18 on CBC

Post by Elizabeth »

From Skate Canada on Twitter:
“To The Worlds”, a documentary that highlights 7 Canadian adult women figure skaters on their journey to the ISU Adult Figure Skating Competition premieres Jan. 18 on CBC…who will be watching?
The trailer: https://t.co/U1K8yXt4FC

Note that this will be on opposite the TSN/CTV coverage of Canadians.
happyheini

Re: CBC documentary on adult skaters - Jan. 18 on CBC

Post by happyheini »

Just saw that on Skate Canada's Facebook page! thanks for the heads up.
Judy

Post by Judy »

CBC radio (BC) did a piece on this documentary this morning. I missed the beginning but heard enough to know I'm really looking forward to the documentary. The dedication and enthusiasm of the women is amazing. The eldest is 78!!
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

I did watch the documentary and I am still in awe over the skills, courage and just plain spunk these ladies brought to that competition. It is a must see.