I'm going to be on ice tonight. (;-))

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
fred

I'm going to be on ice tonight. (;-))

Post by fred »

However, I'm not there to skate. It's just that the local curling club is having a few free nights to introduce new players to the game. I expect the membership is too expensive for me, but I'll go to just get a feel for the sport and how to throw a rock properly. My grandfather had a couple of prizes from curling, and this is my way of connecting with him, who I never met.
Elizabeth

Re: I'm going to be on ice tonight. (;-))

Post by Elizabeth »

Enjoy but be careful, Fred!
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Don't bump your head :lol:
fred

Post by fred »

I went down there and it turned out it was the wrong night. I don't know if I'll bother now.
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Oh Fred, you are just so funny. Do try it out on the right night.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Oh no Fred, how disappointing! I hope you try again but as the others have said, be careful. It's so easy to go down, especially if there are kids skating all around you. So many people in our age frame break their wrists, which is why I wouldn't try that now for myself, but I admire your sense of adventure.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

kittykins wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:55 pm Oh no Fred, how disappointing! I hope you try again but as the others have said, be careful. It's so easy to go down, especially if there are kids skating all around you. So many people in our age frame break their wrists, which is why I wouldn't try that now for myself, but I admire your sense of adventure.
Fred was going to try out curling, Kitty - no skates involved :D