Moved now.

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
fred

Moved now.

Post by fred »

OK I moved on Friday and I have no internet nor phone yet. This is coming to you via the local library. It's been a hectic time and I'm exhausted, but It's nice to be in a place where there is no Black Mold, (my sore throat went away the day I started sleeping in the new place. Rest today and tomorrow I'll start searching for the cables, power bar & sounds system for my computer. Hours of going through boxes at the storage depot., but the weather should be OK for that. Still tired today.
kittykins

Re: Moved now.

Post by kittykins »

Hi Fred and congratulations! I'm very happy for you and glad this will work out better for your health! I hope you post some pictures of your new place!
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

fred wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:18 am OK I moved on Friday and I have no internet nor phone yet. This is coming to you via the local library. It's been a hectic time and I'm exhausted, but It's nice to be in a place where there is no Black Mold, (my sore throat went away the day I started sleeping in the new place. Rest today and tomorrow I'll start searching for the cables, power bar & sounds system for my computer. Hours of going through boxes at the storage depot., but the weather should be OK for that. Still tired today.
Take care, relax and get yourself settled gradually! Good luck with the phone & internet!!
fred

Post by fred »

I'm at the library still for internet. I suspect there's a little thing that plugs into the back of my computer that connects me to the WiFi at the new place where I am staying. I'm going shopping today for one of those. My sound system didn't make the move very well. It's very silent, so I may be looking for new speakers as well. All part of the cost of moving I guess.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I'm glad you're settling in so well Fred. I'm sure there are happy days ahead for you in your new place!
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

Today is a major victory. I have finally got the WiFi going on my Desktop Linux system with help from a guru at MINT Forums. It's so nice to be able to get online from my room at "home," and not have to go down to the library to post. I can get online at any time of the day or night, naturally, and any day of the week.It's going to make life so much easier.
Oh, and, ... Hi Everybody!
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Welcome back to the "connected" world, Fred. Enjoy!!
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

fred wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:10 pm Today is a major victory. I have finally got the WiFi going on my Desktop Linux system with help from a guru at MINT Forums. It's so nice to be able to get online from my room at "home," and not have to go down to the library to post. I can get online at any time of the day or night, naturally, and any day of the week.It's going to make life so much easier.
Oh, and, ... Hi Everybody!
That's great Fred, welcome back! :)
fred

Post by fred »

Thank-you. I have a double window facing north, (windows facing East & west as well), on the third floor. The North window is the only double and it it wasn't for the trees & houses, I'd have a great view of Cape Blomodin. The room has a tendancy to be hot, which will help in the winter to come, I'm sure. Right now, it can be very uncomfortable. I keep a large bottle of water, (or juice). in my little fridge. It was made for beer, but since I never drink any, it holds things like tofu & yogurt & berries & grapes, etc.

I'm loosing weight and getting very healthy. I don't even notice the Diabetes II, now and unless I push myself, I don't notice the heart thingy. (arythmia). I just have a lot of pills to take morning & night. The point is, I feel great and I'm walking more easily now and more upright. It feels great.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Good to hear!!
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

That is such good news, Fred. Keep up the positive focus. We are all behind you. Heini
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

That is wonderful news about your health Fred! Good for you!! :)
fred

Post by fred »

I just came from my doctor and he says he needn't se me for another 3 months. That's good news. MY lungs are clear and things are going well.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

fred wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:52 am I just came from my doctor and he says he needn't se me for another 3 months. That's good news. MY lungs are clear and things are going well.
Well done, Fred! Keep up the good work :)
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

So happy to hear that, Fred. The move was good for you. Heini
fred

Post by fred »

Oh yes. The apt. I was in flooded, (pipes burst), and after that it started filling up with Black Mold. I was already sensitised to the mold from a previous apartment, here in NS. So I have no doubt that that is what put me in hospital on July 14th.
I have had such trouble with the WiFi here, but today a new USB WiFi adaptor is working poorly, but working. The signal is only 30%, but it streams You Tube Video continuously at full screen. That is something.
I am going out to supper soon to celebrate being back online.
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

way to go, Fred! Celebrate the small stuff .
Judy

Post by Judy »

Glad to hear everything is coming together for you Fred. You've been through a really rough patch!
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

That's great Fred!