China contracts with "Team Orser" for Beijing 2022

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

China contracts with "Team Orser" for Beijing 2022

Post by Elizabeth »

From Twitter:
Chinese figure skating team is cooperating with Team Orser for #Beijing2022 and they signed a contract this morning. Official media says that team Orser will provide guidance and coaching to Chinese figure skaters regularly.
The signing ceremony Image

Brian with a group of Chinese skaters including pair skaters Sui & Han (on the right) Image

Tracy with Sui & Han Image
kittykins

Re: China contracts with "Team Orser" for Beijing 2022

Post by kittykins »

Wow, that's really something!! That is the first agreement like that of all time...amazing! Brian has certainly established himself as the best coach in the biz. Good for him. :mrgreen:

By the way Elizabeth, I found the time you posted your original message to be very interesting, haha! Aug. 11th at 11:11 a.m....ET I guess as now it says 10:11 on my computer as I'm on CT at the moment.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Here's more information from the press conference: http://drag0ness.tumblr.com/post/176869 ... here-brian

Note the identity of the current President of the Chinese federation - a former pairs champion whose husband (and former partner) is now the head coach in China :)
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

:o Wow, that's great!
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)