Downton Abbey

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
kittykins

Downton Abbey

Post by kittykins »

Here's some info. about the movie in the future, but I had also heard it might be a prequel.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/87605 ... y-season-6

Theme Parks?
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... theme-park

I haven't been able to get into the series Victoria at all. Unfortunately I bought the Blu-ray of season 1 before making sure I liked it. :roll:
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Re: Downton Abbey

Post by fred »

That's the problem with these series. I've deleted all the Downton Abbey episodes. I didn't care for them, except great acting & costumes. I don't care that much about costumes. And I said I was never going to watch them again anyway. It freed up a whole bunch of space on my disk.
I don't know if they'll have a streaming site when they broadcast, like June whats-her-name, but I may just take a peek at new material, if it's easy. I hope you'll enjoy the series, people.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Ya that girl was a bit "funny". She said it wasn't illegal to upload but was illegal to download. It's actually the opposite here in Canada and I think in the States too. If someone posts something and you download it to your computer you probably won't get into trouble unless you distribute it.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

They did change the law a while ago and now instead of prosecuting they seem to be blocking bit-torrent transfers. When I installed my latest MINT Linux, the tools for copying DVD and CD were missing. We can still do some things, but it's not like it used to be. So all the new movies coming out now, I will not be seeing them. Maybe that's not so much of a loss. I might get some more work done. :)
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Well, it's always been illegal to upload copyrighted material. Canada has always been a little more lenient about downloading. I've never felt right about downloading full movies people post. It's really not a good idea. Now live streaming is so universal or you can rent it for not too much cost.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Well, have people heard??!! The film is finally confirmed and filming will start this summer! :o What's also exciting is the original cast will all be coming back! Whoot....finally!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-44822420#
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Yeah!!!!
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Speaking of all things British... :roll: :lol:
The Queen with Presidents.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Matthew may be in the movie? My day is made, lol! :D :lol: He'll have to put on a bit of weight though. He's WAY too skinny imho, lol.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/em-down ... soc_trk=fb :lol: :lol:
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Well, my tree isn't coming down due to my intercostal muscle strain. So, after Valentine's and Easter, we'll see if I start the Downton Abbey decor in preparation for September, lol. :lol: Probably Old Country Roses will be in the middle there, haha. I have a teapot and so likely that will STAY, :P.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Well, I think I just sent a PM instead of a post here, lol. It's not much longer and I look forward to my decorations and party. I do hope people will come. I plan to blend apples & DTA decorations as usually I put up apples for Sept...teacher & apple trees outside, lol.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Well, are all the DTA fans ready?? Not much longer and I'm thinking booking tickets in advance might be necessary. So far I have about 5 people planning to come to the party.
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

I will have to wait and see when the movie will come to St. Albert. My friend and I are planning to go. Have fun Kitty.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

happyheini wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:41 pm I will have to wait and see when the movie will come to St. Albert. My friend and I are planning to go. Have fun Kitty.
Thank you Heini. Did you happen to see the Live DTA special on PBS? I missed the first hour as I didn't realize it was on, but I did see some interesting things at the end. I told my sister who was able to do a time delay record and managed to get it at the last minute. So, I can watch it at her place when I get to Manitoba again in about a month. I was hoping they'd replay it, but so far I'm out of luck.
Judy

Post by Judy »

For anyone interested, there is an interview with the food stylist for Downton Abbey in the Sept/Oct issue of “ Bake from Scratch”. Some great photos and recipes as well.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Thanks! I'm going to see the movie on Thursday night. There's also a DTA special on that night so I will have to record it to watch later.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Did you watch the special last night or the movie? I thought it was very good, but too short, haha. I'm going to see the movie for a second time tomorrow.
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

I was waiting for your post Kitty. Saw the movie this PM and enjoyed it. Everyone and everything nicely tied up with a pretty bow. Room for a sequel perhaps with the next generation at the forefront because it seems unlikely that they will get the original cast all together one more time. But who knows.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Oh that's great! I've now seen it 3 times and I think that's my max, as good as it is. I've been trying to rewatch the series and am now through the first 2 seasons. I own it on blu-ray. Quite a few of the cast have said they would love to do another movie, so perhaps most will be back if they do. I think Maggie Smith wants out so maybe she won't be there, but that would be a shame!!
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

This isn't DTA, but did you happen to watch Sanditon, Heini or others?
Last edited by kittykins on Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I'm sure some of the rest of you have heard that a new DTA movie is coming out this Christmas with all the original characters. I guess this means my Downton Christmas decorations are making a return!

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/a ... 21-release
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Hope you kept them all i good shape. Kitty. Gotten a little away from DTA, but did watch Sanditon that certainly needs a second season.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

happyheini wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:05 pm Hope you kept them all i good shape. Kitty. Gotten a little away from DTA, but did watch Sanditon that certainly needs a second season.
Oh yes, most definitely!! They are in a large plastic container. I actually put out the castle and 2 houses at Christmas time this past year, but not the tree ornaments.

Oh, the LATEST is that Sanditon is returning for season 2!!! I bought the blu-ray for season 1 and the sea/beach scenes are really beautiful. I believe the new season will be on the Amazon network which I definitely don' t have. I don't know that if that means it will be on Amazon Prime or what. I guess we shall see what happens!! If not, I'll be trying to buy the blu-ray again. I have a Jane Austen collection of movies.

The new season is apparently going to air at the end of 2021 or beginning of 2022.

https://thecinetalk.com/2021/04/08/sand ... date-cast/

https://www.dkoding.in/latest-news/sand ... t-trailer/
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Now they are saying Sanditon will go for 3 seasons! That's definitely a turn around since they said season 1 would be the last!

https://current.org/2021/05/fans-statio ... -sanditon/