PyeongChang 2018 Olympics - FIGURE SKATING - EXHIBITION GALA & CLOSING

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

PyeongChang 2018 Olympics - FIGURE SKATING - EXHIBITION GALA & CLOSING

Post by Elizabeth »

I have been valiantly searching for information about how/where we would be able to see the Gala.

I have now received the information below from CBC:
CBC will be streaming the Figure Skating Gala event live on our website (below). The event takes place at 9:30am South Korea time on February 25th so you will have to take the time difference into consideration.
https://olympics.cbc.ca/video/vod/figur ... xhibition/

We will also broadcast the event on CBC TV at 1pm ET the day of the event (however it won't be live).

This means that it will be streamed on Saturday, February 24th at 7:30 p.m. ET and broadcast on CBC on Sunday, February 25th at 1 p.m.

As I posted elsewhere, they will include the top 4 in each discipline (excluding the team event) plus invited skaters. Some information is starting to leak out about who might be invited but the finish/performances in the ladies FS will help to determine the final line-up.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Re: PyeongChang 2018 Olympics - FIGURE SKATING - EXHIBITION GALA

Post by Elizabeth »

And, thanks to Jackie Wong on Twitter, here's the list for the Exhibition Gala performances:
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

UPDATE just received from CBC:
We are writing to inform you that the broadcast time for the gala has changed. It will now air on CBC TV this Sunday the 25th at 3:30 p.m ET. Please note that due to the dynamic nature of the games, this is still subject to change.

You can still stream the event live tomorrow, Saturday the 24th, at 7:30 PM ET here:

https://olympics.cbc.ca/video/vod/figur ... index.html
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Who is skating to what...

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue and Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot have withdrawn from the gala - apparently Madison & Bruno are both ill with a "feverish infection". I hope they feel better soon!

CBC is showing parts of the Gala in their "blended" coverage of competitions this evening. I'm watching the live stream :)

CBC showed #4 through #8, then #9 through #13 (both groups on a delayed basis); much later they showed #18, #20, #21, #24, #25 and #27
Elizabeth

Re: PyeongChang 2018 Olympics - FIGURE SKATING - EXHIBITION GALA & CLOSING

Post by Elizabeth »

Ladies & Gentlemen - your Canadian Olympic Figure Skating Team
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

In case you missed any of these, here's the CBC schedule for today:
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

In total, 6 countries designated figure skaters to be flag bearers in the closing ceremonies: Malaysia; Brazil; Spain; Italy; France and North Korea.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Thanks for the larger Olympic rings with the athletes picture. I have seen a smaller one circulating on Facebook.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)