PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics - Focus on FIGURE SKATING through Team Event

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

Re: PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics - Focus on FIGURE SKATING through Team Event

Post by Elizabeth »

happyheini wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:14 pm I also noticed that Scott removed his toque to show respect for the flag. I gues the other men were just too excited to remember, and Scott has been on a gold medal podium so many times. I am so happy for the team and hope they can carry the momentum over to the indivdiual events.
I noticed the same thing, Heini :)

Here's hoping for good things ahead!
kittykins

Re: PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics - Focus on FIGURE SKATING through Team Event

Post by kittykins »

Here's what cbc said:

"The medal ceremonies will be held live each day around 5-7am ET. The medal presentations for Team figure skating and women's snowboarding happened this morning, and Mikael Kingsbury will be awarded his gold medal tomorrow morning. You will be able to find videos of the Canadians in the ceremonies so far on the following page on the website: https://olympics.cbc.ca/video/medal-moments"

Exactly what you said Elizabeth...I do think the ceremonies could be repeated later in the morning or the afternoon. GRR

Oh and good for Scott. The hockey players could learn a few things from those figure skaters all happy to receive their medals of any colour.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Judy

Post by Judy »

Thank you very much Kittykins for the video. I'm all chocked up but very happy for them and us!!!
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Judy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:30 pm Thank you very much Kittykins for the video. I'm all chocked up but very happy for them and us!!!
You're welcome and enjoy. I cried too! Patrick was very cute with all his smiling and hugging. I hope it inspires him for the men's event, and I really think it will. He now has a gold medal, even though it's in the team event, and won't (hopefully) have that monkey on his back anymore...at least not as much.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Judy

Post by Judy »

I really, really have to remember to read what I've typed before submitting.

Choked,not chocked.......

I've taken the liberty of passing the video on to several other fans Kittykins.

Good luck to our pairs and may everyone skate their best.