Osmond returns to Piaf for Olympic SP

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

Osmond returns to Piaf for Olympic SP

Post by Elizabeth »

After working on a new program to "Summertime", even getting positive response to it at the National Team Camp, Kaetlyn has made the decision to return to her very successful Piaf program, with some modications.

Read all about it here: https://bevsmithwrites.wordpress.com/au ... 2014sochi/
fred

Re: Osmond returns to Piaf for Olympic SP

Post by fred »

I just read Bev Smiths article on that. (It was in my mailbox this morning), but of course Elizabeth got here with it first. :D
Of course if it's good for her, then that going to be the right choice. I hope the judges aren't bored with it, though.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

From what I have been reading, there will be quite a few "repeat" programs among the top skaters this season. For example, Yuzuru Hanyu is planning to reuse/recycle two previously successful programs.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Thank God!!!!

I remember last year, thinking there would really be no way to top that program for the Olympic season. In my opinion, it's one of the best ladies short programs I can remember. A close second goes to Jose Chouinard's "Comme ci, comme ca", and "La Fille mal garde" short programs. All of the music in these programs have the ability to:

1. Engage the audience
2. Fit the skater's personality to a "t" and inspire confidence
3. Create a lasting impression

When you have all those three in one program you have magic as far as I'm concerned.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

I tend to agree, Kevin!