Sad news - one of our members has died

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
Elizabeth

Sad news - one of our members has died

Post by Elizabeth »

I just received the belated news that CarolH (who was Carol Head) had died. I only found out because an e-mail to her account came back with that message. We had last exchanged e-mails in late January but I knew that she was terminally ill.

A search has revealed that she died in March - here's a link to the obituary: http://www.westviewfuneralchapel.com/pa ... php?p=4904
happyheini

Re: Sad news - one of our members has died

Post by happyheini »

Really sad news, Elizabeth. I do remember Carol's posting in the earlier days of this "family board". She also sent me a large collection of tapes from various competitions which I value still. The tribute in her obituary speaks of what a wonderful lady Carol must have been. My thoughts are with her family.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

At my suggestion Carol also sent tapes to Ryan Stevens (SkateGuard blog) and he has converted some of them; including some for posting on his YouTube channel. He was very pleased to receive them from her.
fred

Post by fred »

Oh My! That *is* a loss. Blessings on her soul. I'm sure we all will miss her. I certainly will. How many of us are left now?
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

fred wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:41 pm Oh My! That *is* a loss. Blessings on her soul. I'm sure we all will miss her. I certainly will. How many of us are left now?
Looking at the members list, I believe that leaves 5 of us who are actually posting to the board. We get lots of "guests" who come to read but have never joined so they cannot post.
fred

Post by fred »

Yes. We are a small fraction of our numbers when I took over the board. With Barb not around, it's not so much of an attraction. Every time I switched to new software, (for security reasons), we seemed to loose whole chunks of our membership. Perhaps we were going at a steady pace and that was the only time I really noticed the numbers.

Do visitors see that they can call me and I can arrange a membership for them? I've been planning that I could create a new account and send them the login info with their password. The first thing they would do would be to create their own password, that no one else would know, even me.

If visitors are reading this & would like to join, you can get my email from the blue banner at the top of the page. (just make the obvious substitutions). I'm sure we would all welcome new members.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Oh nooo...I'm so sorry to hear this!! :( I know she was a very nice lady, and I'm just so sad she had to leave us. :( Thanks for posting her obituary. I'll check it out now. My deepest condolences to her family!
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)