I've told people about my new e-bike, right?

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
fred

I've told people about my new e-bike, right?

Post by fred »

Well, I've ordered one a couple of weeks ago, and there's still 3 more weeks to wait for delivery. That was an estimate on their part, because production is down, due t Covid-19 and bike orders are up.

Anyway, it's a cargo bike with enhanced carriers on the back, 26 x 3 inch tires and a powerful motor and a huge battery. They say it's for the people who might want to take the shortcut through the woods to the Farmer's Market.

You can see it at,

<https://www.voltbike.com/voltbike-kodia ... re=default>

and I'm getting the white one, so scroll the photos to the second frame to see it with the right colour. Other photos from different angles. I know it'll be a while before it gets here, but I wish it was here now. It would be so useful in this hot summer weather.
happyheini

Re: I've told people about my new e-bike, right?

Post by happyheini »

Way to go, Fred, literally :D . Safe travels when you get it.
fred

Post by fred »

Thanks, I'm off on my old regular bike today for a little shopping. I'll have to make a list. I'm a little worried about the heat. 28C. is forecast for today, but I need an outing and some exercise.
I don't think there's been any Covid-19 cases in the Wolfville-Kentville area in a month & a half. We're pretty clear of it here. So I'm not worried about that.
Busy, busy, busy.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

fred wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:06 pm Thanks, I'm off on my old regular bike today for a little shopping. I'll have to make a list. I'm a little worried about the heat. 28C. is forecast for today, but I need an outing and some exercise.
I don't think there's been any Covid-19 cases in the Wolfville-Kentville area in a month & a half. We're pretty clear of it here. So I'm not worried about that.
Busy, busy, busy.
Just because there are no diagnosed cases, does not mean the virus is not present, Fred. Be sure to wear your mask when in stores & other places where you cannot be 100% sure of maintaining that "hockey stick" distance. Dr Strang just said so!!
fred

Post by fred »

Spoken like a true Bluenoser. Elizabeth. My goodness , since I moved down here, I've been so amazed, and a little frustrated, at how Nova Scotians follow rules. It's probably why the numbers of infected people are so low here. It's no thanks to McNeil, that's for sure. Nothing like Quebec at all. I'll be fine. Don't worry.

I'd like to take an hour & a half to watch that Kurt Browing "Gotta Skate" you've listed, but today there's too much to do , maybe this evening, if I remember. There comes a time in the evening when I'm not ready to sleep, but too tired to do any useful work. I watch movies usually, but that last "Gotta Skate" is going to take priority tonight, I think.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I'm glad the incidence is so low there...wow, impressive. Northwestern Ontario is also good, but they are now up to 2-3 in our Health Unit area. We did go down to zero, but then there was a case in Emo, two travel related, and then one who came in contact with someone with the virus. Manitoba is up a bit since opening up. It's good the Maritimes are still in their bubble? I'm just glad Manitoba was opened up so I could see my Dad!! I just made a hair appointment and it was like the Spanish Inquisition. Oh boy, will I be glad when these COVID days are over.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The time of COVID being "over" may be very far away, if ever. It may become less of a pandemic situation and more like a seasonal flu but it is unlikely to disappear. This "novel coronavirus" is, after all, from the same genus as the coronavirus that causes the common cold - but it is so new that the scientists continue to learn more about it each day. For example, they are learning about the lingering impacts on various parts of the body which can be found in some children and many adults.

As Dr. Tam says, the virus is still here, it may not be visible, but it is here and just waiting for us to let down our guards. The # of laboratory confirmed cases is sort of the like the tip of an iceberg - the actual # of people who have had/have the infection is much higher, like the part of the iceberg you can't see under the water.

Keep up the preventive measures!!
fred

Post by fred »

Preventative measures work. We are almost free of it in all the Atlantic provinces. I thought N.S. was free of it for over a month, then last Friday, the the 14th, there was one, I think in Halifax. Someone brought it in from outside the province, somewhere.
I think we're doing so well because Nova Scotia is a province of rule followers. The say stay at home and we stay at home. They say wear a mask, even though we're now free of the disease, and everybody wears masks. I'm even getting into the spirit of following the herd myself and that is quite a shift for me. I am calling it a sign of solidarity for others in the country and the world who have more to fear from the disease than I do.

Oh, and great news for me! I got a phone call today and my e-bike will be delivered tomorrow, sometime during the day. I've been waiting since late May for this. I've really been looking forward to this and tomorrow sometime it'll be here.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Good news, Fred!

Continue to take care and stay safe, especially on that new bike!!
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

That's great Fred.

I'd appreciate prayers for my Dad who is in hospital. They are testing his heart to see if he had a mild heart attack. We are waiting to see if he will go for the angiogram in Winnipeg. They keep delaying him going, to do more tests, so I hope that's good news. He certainly looks great. He is frustrated being a private and independent person with being on bed-rest. It's driving him crazy actually. He's having a Mibi stress test today. Fortunately my Dad is alert and has a good memory for his health history. COVID makes it hard on the family as well. He's allowed one visitor, which in this case turns out to be me. When and if he goes to Winnipeg, he will not be allowed any visitors. They then send him back to town in an ambulance. This has been a bit of a shock as he's in good health overall, with only eye drops as a prescription medication. He's just recovering from hernia surgery this past Friday. This has been one whirlwind of a week! :? Fortunately I am single and retired and can be with him.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

Blessings for him, you, and the family. I'm hoping that it's a good sign that he is awake and talking and still able to be frustrated. I think that's a good sign.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Well my dad had to have a quadruple bypass and although he’s doing fairly well, he’s not eating much and is tired of being in hospital. He was transferred to his local hospital on Friday. I’m really tired too and have had to be the designated visitor. I do need to leave here for a while and am frustrated about the whole matter. Please pray he gets out in the next couple of days. Also, that his adjustment to home will go well.
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Best wishes, Kitty.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

kittykins wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:22 am Well my dad had to have a quadruple bypass and although he’s doing fairly well, he’s not eating much and is tired of being in hospital. He was transferred to his local hospital on Friday. I’m really tired too and have had to be the designated visitor. I do need to leave here for a while and am frustrated about the whole matter. Please pray he gets out in the next couple of days. Also, that his adjustment to home will go well.
Based on the experience of my own late father, it is important not to rush following quadruple bypass - your father needs to follow the medical directions, particularly during his post-operative rehabilitation. Frustration, on your part or on his, is not conducive to his slow and steady recovery - much patience is required :)
fred

Post by fred »

When that heals he's going to have a much better quality of life. I've known a couple of people with those and it gave them all kinds of energy, having good blood flow.
I hope it all works out for the best.
Blessings!
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

fred wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:12 pm When that heals he's going to have a much better quality of life. I've known a couple of people with those and it gave them all kinds of energy, having good blood flow.
I hope it all works out for the best.
Blessings!
Thanks Fred. I will be sending you a PM.
fred

Post by fred »

Best to email me, Kitty. I seldom check my DMs.