Happy Thanksgiving Canadian people.

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
fred

Happy Thanksgiving Canadian people.

Post by fred »

Wishing everyone here all the best on Thanksgiving as we settle in for the long hard winter. Have we all got our igloos built & ready? :lol:
Elizabeth

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Canadian people.

Post by Elizabeth »

Thanksgiving greetings to all! The weather here has been very strange - it's not normal to have temperatures in the 20s on Thanksgiving weekend. All the "signs" are for a real winter this year, though.

Give thanks for all your blessings :)
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

My best wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend with your families and friends. I just came back from a delicious dinner with my girl friends family - good thing I walked home. Not looking forward to the Winter either but there is always figure skating to watch and keep us indoors.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Whoops. Sorry I missed this. Happy belated wishes. I visited with friends.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

Being with friends is a great way to spend thanksgiving. I don't know what winter will be like down here in N.S. I think the polar vortex is still disturbed, (& may be for a long time), so generally we can expect a few days of really cold temperatures, (with arctic air spreading over the land), followed by a few days of really warm temperatures, (with Caribbean air flowing up the East coast). I just hope the heating bills aren't too high.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Thanks Fred. Next year I should be with family.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

That's good. I prefer to be away from mine, well, most of them. ;)