My first book prospectus.

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
fred

My first book prospectus.

Post by fred »

I've sent a package off to the selected publisher and it'll be a couple of months or so before they respond. They do publish the sort of book I've written and I am very hopeful. Now this isn't the whole manuscript, it's just some samples and so on. I think it'll catch their imaginations and I am urgently awaiting their response. For many reasons, not just the most common one. Wish me luck.
happyheini

Re: My first book prospectus.

Post by happyheini »

Fred, that is so exciting! All the luck in he world!
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Good luck, Fred!
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Good luck! What is the genre?
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

It's from my paper on "The Secret of Money." No, it's not about making more of it. Sorry.
I want to change the way people think about the economy and have a close look at how money affects our society and our relationships with one another. No, it's not about making more of it. Sorry. :|

The book opens with:
=========================================

"We are free today substantially, but the day will come when our Republic will be an impossibility. It will be an impossibility because wealth will be concentrated in the hands of a few. A republic can not stand upon bayonets, and when that day comes, when the wealth of the nation will be in the hands of a few, then we must rely upon the wisdom of the best elements in the country to readjust the laws of the nation to the changed conditions."

--JAMES MADISON - Fourth President of the United States

It's interesting that President Madison, over two hundred years ago, foresaw the economic troubles that we have today. He must have known that in our moneyed economy the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, but he either had no better idea, or he chose not to use one.
=========================================

Just for a little taste.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Good luck Fred. I hope you get a positive response from the publisher.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

Oh, I did, and I have my first refusal. It was to be expected. I have others to try, and I'll do simultaneous submissions next. That's acceptable and it could take years to go through them one by one. This way I can get all the rejections in a short time span and switch to self publishing. I'm not doing anything more till the move is over.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

fred wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:40 am Oh, I did, and I have my first refusal. It was to be expected. I have others to try, and I'll do simultaneous submissions next. That's acceptable and it could take years to go through them one by one. This way I can get all the rejections in a short time span and switch to self publishing. I'm not doing anything more till the move is over.
Are you moving again Fred?
fred

Post by fred »

Oh. Yes. Just this past weekend, and I hurt my back lifting an end of the piano. But I have it in my new place and my landlady and her husband are the nicest people. The house is perfect and I have my cat back again an another Cat that I'm going to be looking after for a friend of a friend, until May the 1st, if all goes well. They're in separate rooms right now, according to protocol as most cat people know. It's going very well.
Back with my own bed, a Queen sized Posturepedic (spelling?) Mattress, and it's healing my back for me so well. It's like sleeping on a cloud.
So 900 sq. ft., 2 bedrooms, washer & drier, and reuniting me with my furniture, piano & cat. I love it and it looks like I'll be here a long time. :D :D :D
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Where is that "Like" button????

Enjoy your new location, Fred; look after your back; and good luck with the felines!
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

sounds like a real home, Fred, enjoy.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

That's wonderful Fred. I hope you enjoy your new place! You sure have had some nice landlords! I also want the like button, lol!
fred

Post by fred »

The back is getting better slowly. It makes me tired and I do have my power back on I think it was 10:05 am today. There are still 50,000 people without power in N.S. It's got to be very hard for them.
The two cats are avoiding each other and The new one, Adam, won't come out of his room. Clawdius has intimidated him, but we're working on the problem gently. Right now there are no closed doors between then and both cats are quietly accepting of this. I have to close a door before I go to sleep or there will be fighting. Cat politics is ... complicated.