Amber Alert

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
kittykins

Amber Alert

Post by kittykins »

Did everyone get the Amber Alert? It's too bad it was such a sad outcome. Apparently people in Manitoba got it also although they weren't supposed to. I'm just curious how far it went.

I know a lot of people upset at the late hour, but it was pretty important. Mind you here I am at least a 2 day drive from T.O. I guess he could have come here, but it was unlikely. My fear is that if they continue to send Alerts to everyone, even those out of area, people are just going to start ignoring them. It should be in the area where the suspect is likely to be and geographically realistic, imho.

Some people feel it invades their privacy. It does, but probably a necessary thing to happen and it also works to let us know about emergencies. How do others feel about it?

One thing I can't understand is why it took police 5 hours to declare it an Amber Alert. Perhaps she could have been saved if the public had been helping so much earlier. Now the police are saying they are disappointed in people's response, but they did make some questionable decisions re. when they let the public know.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
kittykins

Re: Amber Alert

Post by kittykins »

There's apparently a test of the system coming up soon.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)