Movies

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
kittykins

Movies

Post by kittykins »

Hi. I thought I'd start a thread on movies that we see.

I went to see the faith-based film "I Can Only Imagine", based on the story behind the song of the same name by the Christian band Mercy Me, this afternoon and thought it was excellent. Dennis Quaid was really outstanding in his role as the father. It's doing well at the box office and its start is 8x better than they thought it would be. It sure makes Amy Grant look good!

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/i-can ... 202729700/
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Re: Movies

Post by fred »

In preparation for the upcoming J.K.Rowling Fantastic Beasts..." movie I went back and watched the first "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." It's quite a good movie that reveals all sorts of things along the way as you watch it.
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

A friend and I are hooked on the Australian Series "A Place to Call Home". It is much better than Downton Abbey even. I got it through Acorn TV and BBC Canada was showing it as well and then there a the usual ways of downloading it from the internet, but I am not savvy enough to do that. Watch out for it if you get a chance.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Thanks for the info. on the series Heini. I'll have to check that out.

Fred, I enjoyed that movie a lot and so I'm looking forward to the sequel of the prequel. It IS a prequel for the Harry Potter series isn't it? or am I wrong?

I'm also going to be seeing the movie "A Wrinkle in Time" I believe, probably toward the end of this week or maybe next week so it doesn't interfere with my figure skating watching.

Here's an interesting site for the box office results: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

Black Panther has been out for a while and it's still turning great profits. It might break the tradition of Science fiction movies not getting Oscars. It is a 2018 movie, isn't it? Anyway, you can bet we'll be seeing much more of the Panther when he makes money like this.
I was watching "Rumour Has It," (Jennifer Anniston movie), recently when I realised the romantic lead opposite her was Mark Ruffalo, the same guy who plays Dr. Banner in the Hulk movies. I love it when I can make connections like that. As we usedto say back in the 50s, "Neat!" :D
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

"I Can Only Imagine" is maintaining 3rd place and it's being held over for another week here. I may try to go another time, but I also want to see Wrinkle in Time as I mentioned.
fred

Post by fred »

Yes, Kitty. Fantastic Beasts are prequels. Of course one is out & another is about to be released, if it hasn't seen already.. I've lost my copy of Ali with Will Smith. and I'm trying to find it. It's a remarkable movie and partial biography.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Sounds good!