Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
kittykins

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Post by kittykins »

To all of us who are Irish and all those who wish to be, the best of the day to you! I'm having a party at my house so am trying to get things in order.

Here are a few Irish movies in case you want to take in some of them on St. Patrick's Day:

1180w-600h_TDID-darby-ogill-and-the-little-people-released-780x440.jpg
Darby O'Gill and the Little People...the Disney classic. It features Sean Connery's first movie role.

Magical Legend of the Leprechauns2.jpg
The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns...staring Randy Quaid before he went off the tracks. It's quite a good story which is like Romeo and Juliet when fairy & leprechaun fall in love. I've seen it a million times.

Fred Astaire Steals the Pot of Gold 80%.jpg
Fred Astaire steals the pot of gold in the famous musical "Finian's Rainbow" - can't beat Fred Astaire for sure

Just adding one more but having trouble...will post in a minute.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
kittykins

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Post by kittykins »

luck-of-the-irish 30%.jpg
This is my favourite Irish movie, "The Luck of the Irish" (1948) with Cecil Kellaway and Tyrone Power. Kellaway won an academy award for his role as the leprechaun. No one had the class of Tyrone Power on screen.

I know there's another one of the same name that is about a teenager in highschool that changes into a leprechaun but I haven't caught up with that one yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)