Princess Diana We Remember

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
kittykins

Princess Diana We Remember

Post by kittykins »

What sad day that was 20 years ago today. It doesn't seem like it should be that long ago. There's a special on TV tomorrow night, Diana 7 Days. This is the tribute by the boys to their mother as I understand it, but it's just a replay of a documentary shown in May.

"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Re: Princess Diana We Remember

Post by fred »

I've been going over the "Diana Tapes" that she made with the help of her friends. and the movie "Unlawful Killing" is up on my web site. tinyurl.com/n767cfw I know some of you disagree, but it's very important to know the truth. So many things can only be explained by her death being non-accidental. The movie takes it's name from the verdict of the British Inquiry. The jury was not allowed to bring back a verdict of murder. They brought back the next most serious charge, "Unlawful Killing."
She was indeed our brightest light. I was especially fond of her and when she died I was physically sick for a week. No energy. Half the world stopped what they were doing and watched the funeral. That's how well she was loved. I don't think there has been such a display in history nor since. It's fitting that the woman who wanted so much to be loved was sent to heaven on the biggest wave of love that humanity has ever created. She was indeed our brightest light.
Blessings on her soul.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

This was so brilliant. I don't know how Elton managed to keep his composure, I really don't, considering he was a friend of hers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veWHazTuyME
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

kittykins wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:53 pm This was so brilliant. I don't know how Elton managed to keep his composure, I really don't, considering he was a friend of hers.

I was on a work assignment at the World Health Organization in Geneva and woke up to the news of Diana's death on that Sunday morning. Everyone at the Church of England service in downtown Geneva that morning was in shock as we offered prayers.

I was very grateful to have access to BBC World TV in my hotel room for the week that followed.

I'm told that George Michael was on hand at the funeral, prepared to take over, if Sir Elton was unable to sing.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Elizabeth wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:22 am
kittykins wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:53 pm This was so brilliant. I don't know how Elton managed to keep his composure, I really don't, considering he was a friend of hers.

I was on a work assignment at the World Health Organization in Geneva and woke up to the news of Diana's death on that Sunday morning. Everyone at the Church of England service in downtown Geneva that morning was in shock as we offered prayers.

I was very grateful to have access to BBC World TV in my hotel room for the week that followed.

I'm told that George Michael was on hand at the funeral, prepared to take over, if Sir Elton was unable to sing.
Wow, that's interesting. I'm glad he had a back-up plan. I'm also glad he didn't need one!