Downton Abbey

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
happyheini

Re: Downton Abbey

Post by happyheini »

Will be interesting to see how the story develops without THE main character.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I was under the impression that Maggie will be returning. I don't know how or if this is possible, but they said the entire cast is returning. :?: :!: :?:
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Yes, Maggie Smith is returning. I read somewhere that they took special precautions due to her age and surely fragility in times of Covid 19.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Well, good. I know originally Elizabeth McGovern (Cora) said she didn't want to continue but I guess her mind was changed as well!

It's kind of interesting with Sanditon that they are now talking about a 2nd and 3rd season after saying only one season. It's unfortunate Theo James is not coming back, but I was not a fan of his character. Well, we know he can't come back in DTA! :lol:
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Good thinking, Kitty :lol:
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

:lol:

I just see now that the sequel movie has been postponed until March of 2022. That's understandable with all the world's challenges at the moment. I guess my DTA decorations will come out AFTER Christmas this time, lol. However, as I decorate all year, it doesn't matter in the slightest, haha.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Entertain ... ed-to-2022
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I'm hoping I don't have to have my Downton Abbey party on Zoom. I hope the movie will be good.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I saw the preview when I went to see another movie at the theatre last weekend. I'm glad Violet is still in it. It opens on May 20th. It seems the date was changed again.

I may miss the first two episodes of Sanditon Season 2 because I'm visiting my Dad. It's hard to get PBS online in Canada and it's not part of the cable On DEMAND program. I can get most things online or through OD, which is why I've put off getting a PVR.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I went to see the new movie on Sunday and really enjoyed it. I hope to go another time! Is anyone else going to see it as well?
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

I plan to see it sometime next week, and hear it is very good.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

happyheini wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:29 pm I plan to see it sometime next week, and hear it is very good.
So...what did you think?!!
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

.......underwhelmed, wasn't impressed. Nice seeing all the regulars again, everybody got their little piece of happiness, but it was all so far fetched. I think it is time to put DT to bed.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Oh really?! That's too bad. I quite liked it, in many ways better than the first movie, and I hear a 3rd movie is not being ruled out. Julian Fellows said if fans want it, he is willing.