Skating reference in weather forecast ...

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
Elizabeth

Skating reference in weather forecast ...

Post by Elizabeth »

Only in Canada would Patrick Chan be mentioned in describing a coming "weather bomb": https://t.co/pnnU1KeawD

Stay safe everyone!!
happyheini

Re: Skating reference in weather forecast ...

Post by happyheini »

:D :D
Hope Fred will weather the storm ok.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

happyheini wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:20 pm Hope Fred will weather the storm ok.
Me too! Fortunately Fred is in the Annapolis Valley - I believe the worst of the impacts, especially of the wind & storm surge will be along the Atlantic coast.
fred

Post by fred »

That's right, Elizabeth. I'm worried about a friend who is coming home after spending Christmas in India. However I think I heard that the airport is still open, at least some flights are leaving. (?)
They did have flooding in Halifax and I heard the Canada 150 sign had floated and come up against something . Air pressure this morning was 96.4 KPa. In Halifax the storm surge was 3 feet.
The winds have been very strong overnight. I live in a brick building, but I could hear the roof joints and one of the windows straining so there was pressure there. We still have power, thank goodness. Some places in N.S. don't don't. The CBC this morning said they are working hard to get those fixed before the temperature plunges to night. It was up to +4 C. overnight and it's going down to the coldest this season by tonight. That's the real damage. Our heating bills will be very high!
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

We got ice pellets this morning with rain. The climate is really changing compared what it was like when we were kids.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)