Experimenting with photos

Come to this Forum for discussions about the Board and it's operation. Requests for features, or to read Board announcements.
Fred

Experimenting with photos

Post by Fred » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:08 pm

Image Does Not display.

Image Does not display

Image Does Display!

Elizabeth

Re: Experimenting with photos

Post by Elizabeth » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:49 pm

Nice strawberry plants :)
Can't skate but love to watch, especially with my >^.,.^<

Fred

Post by Fred » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Since you didn't comment on the cats, I presume you didn't see the first 2, (essentially the same photo twice. Hmmm . We're expecting an election call here in N.S., today, and I have a meeting to go to, But this is not over.

OK, that doesn't work either.

Judy

Post by Judy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:28 pm

Wow strawberries flowering ! Don't see anything else on my iPad.

An aside. I tried, unsuccessfully, to create an avatar. A really cute roaring lion cub. :|

Fred

Post by Fred » Mon May 01, 2017 12:50 am

Yeah, they are not my strawberries, unfortunately. I do prefer the wild strawberries; the tiny, sweet ones. They are so much better. I wish I could go back to our old place in Quebec , because we had them in the back field, and with proper cultivation, they could be shear heaven. Anyway, the expert at phpBB had no trouble seeing the photos and I guess he's wondering if I made it all up. Since I'm not the only one, I'm sure it's not my imagination. What I've just done here tonight is to log on with another browser. It's a slimmed down simplified browser designed for good performance. It doesn't have all the bells & whistles that Firefox has, but in certain web sites it's faster and cleaner. I'm using that here tonight & I can see the "Thank-You Halifax" photo clearly. So I think it's a browser issue, and if anybody is having difficulties, see if you can get another browser & try that... *IF* you're having trouble with images. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot else that I can do right now.
Tomorrow will be a bit of a write off, because I'm out posting candidate signs and phoning people to see if they'll have a sign on their lawn. Busy, Busy, Busy!

kittykins

Post by kittykins » Tue May 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi. Wow, nice plants. I can see some of the pictures and not others. I'm wondering if there's an error with the html.
"Vulgarity is a short-cut to thinking." ~Red Skelton
~Skating fan since 1969 :)~

Fred

Post by Fred » Wed May 03, 2017 1:13 am

There doesn't seem to be. Some browsers may have security tools that block access to certain forms of photos, and other things. I get warnings from Mozilla Firefox that my web site is unprotected, but if I come here with the "Web" browser as I am doing today, there are no warnings at all and I can see all the photos. "Web" is one of the Linux browsers, and I don't know if there is a Windows version of it. Most other places I go back to Firefox, however.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Wed May 03, 2017 2:01 am

And I use Firefox (on Windows) and can see all the photos and get no warnings. It seems to be all about the browser.
Can't skate but love to watch, especially with my >^.,.^<

kittykins

Post by kittykins » Mon May 08, 2017 10:43 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 2:01 am
And I use Firefox (on Windows) and can see all the photos and get no warnings. It seems to be all about the browser.
Yes, I think you are right on Elizabeth. As I posted in the Stars on Ice Thread, I am able to see the videos at that link with Google Chrome, but not Internet Explorer. It may have something to do with my browser with both situations.
"Vulgarity is a short-cut to thinking." ~Red Skelton
~Skating fan since 1969 :)~

Fred

Post by Fred » Tue May 09, 2017 12:38 am

Some browsers have more in the way of security, or the security settings may block some types of photos, but I don't know if anyone considers jpg photos a security risk, unless they have some embedded code that could be activated by a virus.(?) If people want to try different settings in their preferences, (or their addons in Firefox), to see if they can find anything consistently making a difference, it's great with me, but you don't have to. It takes time & patience to change a setting, in some cases to restart the browser if it says it's necessary and reload the page & check the photos to see if they still don't display. You might find that happy moment when you discover that you've found what is causing the problem. If you do, I'd love to hear what it is.