Moved now.

This is where we can talk about things not included in the forums above. Still board rules apply, so no hurtful posts are allowed Exchange recipes, talk about your hobbies, there's been some great discussions about Downton Abbey, and so on.
fred

Moved now.

Post by fred » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:18 am

OK I moved on Friday and I have no internet nor phone yet. This is coming to you via the local library. It's been a hectic time and I'm exhausted, but It's nice to be in a place where there is no Black Mold, (my sore throat went away the day I started sleeping in the new place. Rest today and tomorrow I'll start searching for the cables, power bar & sounds system for my computer. Hours of going through boxes at the storage depot., but the weather should be OK for that. Still tired today.

kittykins

Re: Moved now.

Post by kittykins » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi Fred and congratulations! I'm very happy for you and glad this will work out better for your health! I hope you post some pictures of your new place!

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:41 pm

fred wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:18 am
OK I moved on Friday and I have no internet nor phone yet. This is coming to you via the local library. It's been a hectic time and I'm exhausted, but It's nice to be in a place where there is no Black Mold, (my sore throat went away the day I started sleeping in the new place. Rest today and tomorrow I'll start searching for the cables, power bar & sounds system for my computer. Hours of going through boxes at the storage depot., but the weather should be OK for that. Still tired today.
Take care, relax and get yourself settled gradually! Good luck with the phone & internet!!

fred

Post by fred » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:17 am

I'm at the library still for internet. I suspect there's a little thing that plugs into the back of my computer that connects me to the WiFi at the new place where I am staying. I'm going shopping today for one of those. My sound system didn't make the move very well. It's very silent, so I may be looking for new speakers as well. All part of the cost of moving I guess.

kittykins

Post by kittykins » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:44 pm

I'm glad you're settling in so well Fred. I'm sure there are happy days ahead for you in your new place!

fred

Post by fred » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Today is a major victory. I have finally got the WiFi going on my Desktop Linux system with help from a guru at MINT Forums. It's so nice to be able to get online from my room at "home," and not have to go down to the library to post. I can get online at any time of the day or night, naturally, and any day of the week.It's going to make life so much easier.
Oh, and, ... Hi Everybody!

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Welcome back to the "connected" world, Fred. Enjoy!!

kittykins

Post by kittykins » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:24 pm

fred wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:10 pm
Today is a major victory. I have finally got the WiFi going on my Desktop Linux system with help from a guru at MINT Forums. It's so nice to be able to get online from my room at "home," and not have to go down to the library to post. I can get online at any time of the day or night, naturally, and any day of the week.It's going to make life so much easier.
Oh, and, ... Hi Everybody!
That's great Fred, welcome back! :)