A message from Fred

I will post board issues here, and announce when I am going to prune old messages, or try another update. (It'll be a long time before I try that again). But if you're having problems with the board, I certainly do, or if you have a request about a feature, then this is the place for that.
Elizabeth

A message from Fred

Post by Elizabeth »

Fred has asked me to let everyone know that he is currently unable to access the Board as he is working from his smart phone while awaiting the arrival of a new computer to replace the one that has died.

He hopes to have the replacement by Monday. In the interim, he wishes everyone a good weekend!
happyheini

Re: A message from Fred

Post by happyheini »

Thak you, Fred and thank you Elizabeth for being the messenger. Happy 4th of Advent weekend.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Thanks for letting us know!
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

Yes, I had the replacement parts on Monday. A new Mother board, CPU, 16 Gigs. of much faster memory, a new video card, and a new case & power supply. I have the same disks, DVD drive, and peripherals. It took another 3 days to get them to y\talk to each other nicely. It's "all singing & dancing" now.
I love Linux. :)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Well done, Fred!
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Good to go For another couple of years, Fred. Thank you so much for what you do to keep our tiny group of skating fans together.
fred

Post by fred »

Well, while I can. The doctors are looking after me. I had bad digestive problems for the past 3 or 4 months and it was finally diagnosed as a small Kidney stone. By the way, when you go for a CAT Scan and they ask you whether you've had cancer, it means you're getting close to your radiation limit for scans & X-Rays. I am near that and I wonder if my surgeon will delay the next heart scan as a result. I wouldn't mind if he did. My aneurysm was fine at my last scan. I expect it's still like that. I've been good. ;)
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Thanks Fred! I'm glad you are doing a bit better and that your computer is working too!
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Judy

Post by Judy »

Thanks Fred. I’d be happy to share the cost?
Judy

Post by Judy »

Guess you’ve figured out that I posted under the wrong topic Fred. I’m not buying you a computer😃😃 I meant help paying for maintaining the board. :oops:
fred

Post by fred »

Not a problem. My financial situation is quite stable here, not extensive, but stable. And I'm saving up for a modest audiophile turntable and cartridge. Once I've got that, I'll build myself a fairly good quality amplifier and some good speaker cabinets. I have a large collection of 33 1/3 Albums which I want to listen to and put on my computer.