Finding things to do.

I will post board issues here, and announce when I am going to prune old messages, or try another update. (It'll be a long time before I try that again). But if you're having problems with the board, I certainly do, or if you have a request about a feature, then this is the place for that.
fred

Finding things to do.

Post by fred »

I am doing quite well with this pandemic. I stay at home and order stuff online or by phone. Then it gets delivered free of charge to my door. For food and stuff like that, I leave an order at the store and they pick my order for me and a friend usually goes around and picks up the order that is already paid for by credit card, and they bring it to my door. I've only been out once in 3 weeks.
I'm building an electric guitar from a kit. Did I mention that. It's going quite well. I'm having fun with it.
Elizabeth

Re: Finding things to do.

Post by Elizabeth »

Well done, Fred :)

I have been quite impressed with the actions and messages from my home province during these challenging times.

I'm glad you are able to "stay the blazes home"!
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Good to hear from you, Fred. I too am impressed how you take this situation in stride. Perhaps we will see a video concert on your new guitar one day soon.

Best wishes to all of you on this Board, we will get through this.

Oh, and happy solitary Easter
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Good for you Fred. I've watched a number of church services online and am trying to keep busy. It's hard, but what can one do. I didn't sleep well last night which has affected my mood. Take care.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

I saw a cartoon on "Mastodon" the other day. Someone had photo-shopped a box of bleach. The very convincing box front said "Clorox Chewables." :lol: :lol: :lol:
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:53 pm I saw a cartoon on "Mastodon" the other day. Someone had photo-shopped a box of bleach. The very convincing box front said "Clorox Chewables." :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those particularly comments from "Agent Orange" have led to lots of cartoons and memes.
fred

Post by fred »

Oooo, the possibilities.
"Agent Orange!" -- I love that.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I'm glad you are doing well Fred.
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

I hope you are doing well too Kitty. I made a pizza from scratch the day before yesterday and it was quite good. Yesterday I made a cherry pie, which was also quite good. Today I'll make a Chinese style dish which is much more healthy, :D
I've also put out a humming bird feeder, and I've got loads of housecleaning to do & laundry, etc.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I've realized that I am not eating enough protein, especially since this pandemic started. So I'm going to be upping my intake. I didn't realize just how reliant I was on restaurants for this, which is generally poultry. In the past I'd go out for dinner and have chicken on my salad for instance. I am mostly a vegetarian, but am a poulty-veggie, lol. If anyone has any ideas for foods high in protein that I can add to my diet, I'd appreciate it. I've heard chick peas are good. Today I had a tuna-fish sandwich for lunch. I love cherries, Fred.

I have a Bible Study this afternoon zoom and think after that I'll do some more reading. I had my second Shingles shot/vaccine yesterday and my arm hurts. :? I'm so glad that massage has started back up again. Here in Northwestern Ontario we are now going to be in Stage 2 as of tomorrow. There are only 4 people who are active in our area, and 2 are in hospital. I think Kenora also has 4, so that's pretty well it for the area. I know the brother of the man who died in our area. He had an existing health problem but was stable and doing well until he caught the virus. I saw his picture and remembered him from years ago. SO tragic.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

I had a groundhog on my property this week. Fortunately it was a yearling and no babies are around. He did however dig a hole under my front step. I hired Canadian Pest Control who set a trap and showed me how to open in case a squirrel got in there by accident. FORTUNATELY that was not necessary as the groundhog was caught in about half an hour. They picked it up and the whole business lasted about an hour and a half. He was relocated to the country. The repair will be a bit longer, but I have a large rock blocking the hole at the moment until my handyman can fix it so that nothing digs under there again. Let's just say, it could have been a whole lot worse. Come Feb. 2nd, I will not be celebrating, lol.

IMG_7390.JPG Groundhog.JPG
IMG_7384.JPG Groundhog.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.