Skate Canada will bid to host 2024 Worlds in Montreal

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

Skate Canada will bid to host 2024 Worlds in Montreal

Post by Elizabeth »

Skate Canada will formally submit a bid in April of 2021 to host the ISU World Figure Skating Championships® 2024 in Montreal, Quebec. If successful, this will be Canada’s 11th time hosting the championships. Montreal was set to host the ISU World Figure Skating Championships® 2020 but was cancelled a week prior due to the pandemic. Canada last hosted the illustrious event in 2013 in London, Ontario.
Read the full announcement here: https://skatecanada.ca/2021/04/skate-ca ... al-quebec/
fred

Re: Skate Canada will bid to host 2024 Worlds in Montreal

Post by fred »

I hope Montreal gets it. If the Pandemic is over by then, it's be a great excuse to travel to my birth city and see the competition as well. It's a little early to be making plans, though.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Let's hope we get another chance at this!!! :)
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

As officially announced yesterday, in addition to Montreal 🇨🇦 the other cities/countries bidding for the 2024 Worlds are: Sofia 🇧🇬, Prague 🇨🇿, Budapest 🇭🇺, Bratislava 🇸🇰 and San Jose 🇺🇸