Virtue & Moir - 2018 Canada's Walk of Fame inductees

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

Virtue & Moir - 2018 Canada's Walk of Fame inductees

Post by Elizabeth »

Canada's Walk of Fame recognizes Canadians who have excelled on national and international stages. Tessa and Scott are among those being honoured this year.

Read the names and biographies of all the 2018 inductees here: http://2018inductees.canadaswalkoffame.com/

The official award ceremony will take place on December 1st.

Scott's comment on Twitter:
Thank you @CWOFame for this incredible honour. And to be named alongside these remarkable Canadians... WOW!
fred

Re: Virtue & Moir - 2018 Canada's Walk of Fame inductees

Post by fred »

They certainly have a right to be there. Work & skill & strength & beauty,... and we're still just talking about Scott. :lol: :lol: Tessa doubles that for the pair of them moving as one. It's just phenomenal to watch them on the ice. Well! As you all know.

Gort a great idea for ending a skate. Kiss both your thumbs. Snap your fingers at the audience/camera. And, end with your thumbs up. Smile & wave! :) :)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Their star on Canada's Walk of Fame was unveiled today and they were interviewed afterward. These photos were taken by a 16-year old photographer from Toronto who was there on behalf of an international magazine for which he has written.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

They are in good company in the "class of 2018"

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

happyheini

Post by happyheini »

very nice and candid pictures.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Now it's time for presentation of their home town stars

CarolH

Post by CarolH »

Thanks for this info Elizabeth. I remember back to March 2017 when I was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and my VERY FIRST THOUGHT was "Oh, my gosh, I'm not going to be here to see Tessa & Scott win their 2nd Gold Medal at the Olympics". I'm almost embarrassed that it was my *first* thought but I was trying to cope with what I was hearing from the docs. Two plus years later, after MAJOR MAJOR surgery I'm still here and I'm going to make the trek 10 min. from my home and see these 2 exquisite athletes & their team honoured with admiration, gratitude and MUCH LOVE by their community and FINALLY the CITY OF LONDON!!!. They didn't *just* win the GOLD MEDAL, they set a standard for all future Ice Dancers and (Pair TEAMS too) to present the absolute best possible production of their programme. Since then they've publicly demonstrated how to continually present themselves with CLASS, PRIDE and SINCERITY and GRATITUDE - such perfect representatives of GOLD MEDALISTS.
Carol H
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Good to hear from you Carol. I wish you a wonderful experience with perhaps a meet and greet with Tessa and Scott. Keep up your fighting spirit and courage. May the force be with you. Heini
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

That's wonderful!

Carol, I'm so sorry to hear that you had severe health problems. I'm very glad that you are still with us!
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

I was hoping you might be able to make one or other of these events, Carol! I was thinking of you, in particular, when I posted the information.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The "home town" ceremonies have taken place in Ilderton and London. Marie-France and Patrice participated in both of them. Here are some photos, thanks to Twitter.

Ilderton - watching video montage

llderton - plaque revealed

Ilderton - posing with M-F & "Patch"

London - the plaque

London - Tessa's speech

London - after a surprise performance by the Arkells (remember when they did one at the Olympics?)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

At each of the ceremonies, a $10,000 donation to a local charity was announced - in Ilderton it was the Ilderton Lions Club; in London it was the London Abused Women Centre.

At the llderton ceremony Scott Moir mentioned being engaged to his first skating partner - that's apparently Jackie Mascarin, a childhood skating partner, before Tessa. I believe she is in the first of the photos above, seated between Scott and his mother.
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Very interesting....
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

It was kind of amusing as this was on CTV news today about Scott being engaged. Tessa apparently said she's working on a skating partnership +1...I think that's what they said she said. Then the announcer said, "hmmm" like she wasn't all that impressed! :lol:
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

kittykins wrote: ↑Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:39 pm It was kind of amusing as this was on CTV news today about Scott being engaged. Tessa apparently said she's working on a skating partnership +1...I think that's what they said she said. Then the announcer said, "hmmm" like she wasn't all that impressed! :lol:
From Tessa's Twitter - what she said was:
Currently looking for a +1 for an upcoming wedding πŸ˜‰

Last edited by Elizabeth on Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

Oh, thanks! lol :lol:

Btw, just noticed the dress...very nice and unique. It's interesting that some fans feel V & M have been "fooling them". They do love each other, just in a different way...the 4 Loves? :lol: Btw, that's an interesting book by C.S Lewis that I'd recommend. :D I think of them like Underhill and Martini...very close friends and skated together since they were extremely young but they have their own families. Working together with your girlfriend bf/spouse doesn't always work out too well anyway.