Lubov Ilyushechkina is joining the circus...

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

Lubov Ilyushechkina is joining the circus...

Post by Elizabeth »

Cirque du Soleil, that is.

From Skate Canada on Twitter:
Lubov Ilyushechkina will be joining Cirque du Soleil! Lubov took this new challenge after her partner Dylan Moscovitch retired from skating in April. She is looking forward to this unique opportunity that Cirque will provide to further enhance her style of performing!
happyheini

Re: Lubov Ilyushechkina is joining the circus...

Post by happyheini »

that may be good for her, but I hoped she would find another pairs partner. Well live goes on and she needs a new challenge.
Elizabeth

Meanwhile Dylan is performing on a different stage...

Post by Elizabeth »

I received this information from a friend:
Master Class Proudly Presents: All The Devils Are Here

A new play written by Michael Mclay, premiering at this seasons London Fringe Festival!

Description: Patience and commitment are tested as two men are left waiting to receive orders in a safe house. Tensions mount as the new generation attempts to prove themselves against the wisdom of a veteran. A discussion of life, death, and personal philosophies ensue.

Starring: Michael Mclay and Dylan David Moscovitch

Show times:

Thursday May 31: 9:30pm
Saturday June 2: 7:00pm
Monday June 4: 7:00pm
Wednesday June 6: 8:30pm
Thursday June 7: 5:30pm
Friday June 8: 8:30pm

For More Information and Advanced Tickets: https://londonfringe.ca/festivals/londo ... ival/event
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Who would have thought there is life after skating:)
kittykins

Post by kittykins »

happyheini wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:35 pm that may be good for her, but I hoped she would find another pairs partner. Well live goes on and she needs a new challenge.
I agree, but I wish her well!
"At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death, And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.” (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis)
fred

Post by fred »

Did she need a new challenge or a new partner. I don't know. I do hope this will be good for her. There are some wonderful people at the Cirque, and Lubov has the talent do be a real asset to them!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I wonder what is going on in this regard? I follow her on Instagram, and from what I can tell, she is still training regularly at the Cricket Club. Does anyone know if she was joining the ice version of the Cirque show, or something more in the acrobatic version?
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

No further info yet, Kevin.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Well, I did see on Lubov's instagram that this week she officially left the Cricket Club, and her room mate Alaine Chartrand, to head off on the Cirque du Soleil tour. There's no mention of which show, but since Crystal is a touring show, it would be logical to assume that's the one. I will personally miss seeing her skate, and hope she has great success in this venue.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Lubov has posted about passing the very challenging fitness test for Cirque and today has posted a photo of herself in "Crystal" makeup:

fred

Post by fred »

Now that's stark!
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

Wow, what a change - she always seemed so "soft" when skating. I hope she will do well in her new exciting challenge.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I hope we get to see some of her work there posted in video form. I'm curious to see what her role will be!