Looking back to 1983 Canadians...

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

Looking back to 1983 Canadians...

Post by Elizabeth »

Check out the Skate Guard blog for some "blasts from the past": http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2018/04/ ... ating.html

Can't you just picture Kurt's "happy dance" :lol:

And there was also a happy Barb & Paul who won their 5th championship Image
Kevin

Re: Looking back to 1983 Canadians...

Post by Kevin »

Very interesting blog post. It was interesting to see mention, and a photo, of Mark Rowsom. I didn't really start following skating until the 1988 Olympics, so I didn't know Mark as a skater. He is, however, a friend of mine here in Kitchener. We met through musical connections (he's actually a very good singer) and I later discovered he had been an elite skater. I've wanted to pick his brain for skating gossip (and I did a little bit), but my feeling is that it is a past life for him, so I backed off. He did return to coaching for awhile at the Preston Figure Skating Club, but stopped a few years ago. If I remember, it was over frustration trying to adapt to the new judging system.
Elizabeth

Re: Looking back to 1983 Canadians...

Post by Elizabeth »

Kevin wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:54 pm Very interesting blog post. It was interesting to see mention, and a photo, of Mark Rowsom. I didn't really start following skating until the 1988 Olympics, so I didn't know Mark as a skater. He is, however, a friend of mine here in Kitchener. We met through musical connections (he's actually a very good singer) and I later discovered he had been an elite skater. I've wanted to pick his brain for skating gossip (and I did a little bit), but my feeling is that it is a past life for him, so I backed off. He did return to coaching for awhile at the Preston Figure Skating Club, but stopped a few years ago. If I remember, it was over frustration trying to adapt to the new judging system.
I remember Mark as a skater and also knew he was a singer - he sang the anthem at the opening of some skating competition that I attended. He was involved in pairs when there were "fours" competitions.