Papadakis & Cizeron in "Dancing on Ice"

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
Elizabeth

Papadakis & Cizeron in "Dancing on Ice"

Post by Elizabeth »

Gabrielle & Guillaume were invited to perform a special version of their competitive short dance on the small ice surface of the Torvill & Dean celebrity competition show "Dancing on Ice". There was no wardrobe malfunction, thankfully.
https://t.co/rcHtZiZpHy

The GBR ice dance team of Coombs & Buckland had performed on the show before heading to the Olympics and warned the French about the small ice surface :)
Kevin

Re: Papadakis & Cizeron in "Dancing on Ice"

Post by Kevin »

I expect she will be crazy-glued into that dress from now on!

Love this team, and their skating, but I have never felt this dance had an real solid latin movement in the body like some of the other teams (in particular V/M). It's too sterile and controlled. Agreed, they made it a little more "caliente" at the Olympics, but not with the skating.... :shock:
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

I'm actually looking ahead to next season and hoping that they will explore something quite different for their free dance. Their last three have seemed quite similar to me.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Elizabeth wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:55 pm I'm actually looking ahead to next season and hoping that they will explore something quite different for their free dance. Their last three have seemed quite similar to me.
Agreed. They don't seem to be comfortable pushing the boundaries unless the requirements for the short dance force them to. A true artist doesn't paint the same picture over and over again.

It's interesting because when you see Guillaume in off-ice dance sessions, he is quite the mover! For example, this video of a sequence with Tessa Virtue. He's still not as natural as Tessa or the instructor, but not bad at all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPtTyjTEqwo

By comparison, this sequence with Gabriella seems much less believable, and without nearly as much charisma. Just sayin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRBvAtpOVBs
happyheini

Post by happyheini »

perhaps they need different partners? Just saying :lol:
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Absolutely no disrespect to Scott.....but Tessa & Guillaume together would be magical!