ISU World Championships - Milan, Italy - March 19-25, 2018

This is where we discuss figure skating and skating related items. How did you favourite skaters perform, and so on? However we never speculate on the private lives of skaters, like who might be going out with whom, because that is poison and is not tolerated here. A good guideline is that if it's not publicly announced, in the papers etc. then it's probably best to leave it alone. Is it a gray area? Then write to me and ask.
fred

Re: ISU World Championships - Milan, Italy - March 19-25, 2018

Post by fred »

I got an email with Bev Smith's article in it this morning, and it was very welcomed news. Well Katelyn made the top 10 didn't she?! :D That should mean we get to send 3 skaters next year.
If memory serves, she's a Newfoundland girl too, isn't she. Also quite a feather in Ravi Wallia's cap, to have coached a world champion. Karen Magnussen is said to be overjoyed at passing on the torch after 44 years.
What a great skate by Katelyn. Well deserved!
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

fred wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:31 am I got an email with Bev Smith's article in it this morning, and it was very welcomed news. Well Katelyn made the top 10 didn't she?! :D That should mean we get to send 3 skaters next year.
If memory serves, she's a Newfoundland girl too, isn't she. Also quite a feather in Ravi Wallia's cap, to have coached a world champion. Karen Magnussen is said to be overjoyed at passing on the torch after 44 years.
What a great skate by Katelyn. Well deserved!
I created a separate thread about Karen "passing the torch", Fred :)

The placements of Kaetlyn + Gabby (1 + 7 = 8) indeed means that Canada gets to send 3 women next year :)

Kaetlyn is from Marystown, NF where there is an arena and a street named after her - will they rename the town next :D

Some people talk about her as the "girl who trains in a shopping mall" - big congratulations to Kaetlyn, her coach Ravi, and her choreographers (Lance Vipond for SP & Jeffrey Buttle for the FS)!!!
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Well the men are done and up next will be the free dance.

Carol Lane was just on CBC News Network talking about Kaetlyn's achievement :)

Update - the free dance is one and all the medals have been awarded.

Now the final two events are being shown on CBC TV.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

CBC has posted an update to their schedule for showing the Gala - instead of April 1st (Easter), it will apparently now be shown on April 2nd

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

And here in the full schedule for the Gala which will be live streamed tomorrow morning and should be available as a video later

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

The details on what is planned for the Gala - being live streamed by CBC this morning an (a portion) being broadcast on April 2nd at 8 p.m.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

If you missed the live stream of the Gala, it is now available on the CBC website: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/video/full-shows/1194588739894

Here's the "usual" photo of the champions, from Danielle Earl

I understand, from friends who were there, that it was a wonderful show. I'm sure the CBC TV version will not be able to include everything/everyone.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

And here's a photo of our Canadian Worlds team taken at/before the closing banquet

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

A Canadian "wrap up" article from PJ Kwong: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/figur ... -1.4592211